"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert 'Bob' Hansen, 76, of LeRoy, a retired Hillandale Farms employee, died August 12, 2003 at his home. He had been ill with cancer since October 2002.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale country school in Iowa. During World War II, he served with an Army field artillery unit stationed in Korea and the Philippines and was discharged in 1946. On June 1, 1952, he married Darlene Hopp at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in LeRoy all their married lives. Mr. Hansen worked as a lineman with General Telephone Co. until 1953. He then was a route driver picking up eggs from local farmers for LeRoy Packing Co. until 1960. In 1960 he began working for Mendelson & Halling Egg Processing Plant as a route driver and was plant foreman when the company was bought out by Hillandale Farms of New Hampton, Iowa, in 1980. He was employed by Hillandale Farms until his retirement in 1992. He served as a LeRoy city councilman and was a member of First Baptist Church in LeRoy, where he served as a deacon and trustee for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel (Dan) Young of LeRoy and Renae Dohlman of Lake City; two sons, Randy of LeRoy and Ron (Judy) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Emily (Richard) Hancock of Clarks Grove, Minn. Two brothers and an infant sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert "Bob" Hansen was August 15, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.