"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert 'Bob' Hansen, 76, of LeRoy, a retired Hillandale Farms employee, died August 12, 2003 at his home. He had been ill with cancer since October 2002.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale country school in Iowa. During World War II, he served with an Army field artillery unit stationed in Korea and the Philippines and was discharged in 1946. On June 1, 1952, he married Darlene Hopp at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in LeRoy all their married lives. Mr. Hansen worked as a lineman with General Telephone Co. until 1953. He then was a route driver picking up eggs from local farmers for LeRoy Packing Co. until 1960. In 1960 he began working for Mendelson & Halling Egg Processing Plant as a route driver and was plant foreman when the company was bought out by Hillandale Farms of New Hampton, Iowa, in 1980. He was employed by Hillandale Farms until his retirement in 1992. He served as a LeRoy city councilman and was a member of First Baptist Church in LeRoy, where he served as a deacon and trustee for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel (Dan) Young of LeRoy and Renae Dohlman of Lake City; two sons, Randy of LeRoy and Ron (Judy) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Emily (Richard) Hancock of Clarks Grove, Minn. Two brothers and an infant sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert "Bob" Hansen was August 15, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.