"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert 'Bob' Hansen, 76, of LeRoy, a retired Hillandale Farms employee, died August 12, 2003 at his home. He had been ill with cancer since October 2002.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale country school in Iowa. During World War II, he served with an Army field artillery unit stationed in Korea and the Philippines and was discharged in 1946. On June 1, 1952, he married Darlene Hopp at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in LeRoy all their married lives. Mr. Hansen worked as a lineman with General Telephone Co. until 1953. He then was a route driver picking up eggs from local farmers for LeRoy Packing Co. until 1960. In 1960 he began working for Mendelson & Halling Egg Processing Plant as a route driver and was plant foreman when the company was bought out by Hillandale Farms of New Hampton, Iowa, in 1980. He was employed by Hillandale Farms until his retirement in 1992. He served as a LeRoy city councilman and was a member of First Baptist Church in LeRoy, where he served as a deacon and trustee for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel (Dan) Young of LeRoy and Renae Dohlman of Lake City; two sons, Randy of LeRoy and Ron (Judy) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Emily (Richard) Hancock of Clarks Grove, Minn. Two brothers and an infant sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert "Bob" Hansen was August 15, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.