"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - email@example.com - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert 'Bob' Hansen, 76, of LeRoy, a retired Hillandale Farms employee, died August 12, 2003 at his home. He had been ill with cancer since October 2002.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale country school in Iowa. During World War II, he served with an Army field artillery unit stationed in Korea and the Philippines and was discharged in 1946. On June 1, 1952, he married Darlene Hopp at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in LeRoy all their married lives. Mr. Hansen worked as a lineman with General Telephone Co. until 1953. He then was a route driver picking up eggs from local farmers for LeRoy Packing Co. until 1960. In 1960 he began working for Mendelson & Halling Egg Processing Plant as a route driver and was plant foreman when the company was bought out by Hillandale Farms of New Hampton, Iowa, in 1980. He was employed by Hillandale Farms until his retirement in 1992. He served as a LeRoy city councilman and was a member of First Baptist Church in LeRoy, where he served as a deacon and trustee for many years. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rachel (Dan) Young of LeRoy and Renae Dohlman of Lake City; two sons, Randy of LeRoy and Ron (Judy) of Cottage Grove, Minn.; 10 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Emily (Richard) Hancock of Clarks Grove, Minn. Two brothers and an infant sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert "Bob" Hansen was August 15, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.