"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 15th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Phyllis C. Burkholder, 85, of Mabel, formerly of Harmony died August 11, 2003 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Phyllis Burkholder was born August 16, 1917 in Mabel to Granville and Martha Adelia (Miner) Bates. She grew up in Mabel and attended Mabel schools through the 11th grade when they moved to Harmony where she graduated from the Harmony High School. On August 16, 1940 she married Clifford R. Burkholder at the Harmony United Methodist Church. They lived in Illinois for nine years until 1949 when they moved back to Mabel, then moving back to Illinois from 1959 to 1963. After returning to Mabel they resided there until moving to Harmony in 1983 where she was until moving to the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. She was a member of the Mabel United Methodist Church where she helped with the youth and belonged to the United Methodist Women, and the American Legion Auxiliary, and was a former member of the Order of the Eastern Star. Survivors include three sons Richard (Sue) of Rockfalls, Illinois, Ronald (Sandy) of Harmony, and Gary (Julie) of St. Charles, Minn.; 12 grandchildren; 9 great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony; three sisters Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by two brothers Ernest and Floyd; and a sister Nellie Stroud. Funeral services were August 16, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Jeanne Martin officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.