"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lela Stevens, 92, of Fountain, a former cafe cook, died August 18, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center, where she had lived since Feb. 25, 1998.
Lela Bendickson was born July 16, 1911, in rural Harmony and lived in Fountain most of her life. She worked with her parents at the Fountain Hotel and cooked at several cafes. On Dec. 29, 1943, she married Lyman Stevens in Sioux Falls, S.D. He died May 4, 1974. Mrs. Stevens was a member of St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain; its Altar Society; Fountain American Legion Auxiliary; Fillmore County Historical Society; and the Fountain Senior Citizens and Study Club. She volunteered with RSVP. Survivors include three daughters, Judy (Richard) Kujath and Karen (Gary) Hahn, both of Fountain, and Nancy (Steve) Rowland of Chatfield; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a grandson, a great-grandson, four brothers and a sister. The funeral was August 21, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.