"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lela Stevens, 92, of Fountain, a former cafe cook, died August 18, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center, where she had lived since Feb. 25, 1998.
Lela Bendickson was born July 16, 1911, in rural Harmony and lived in Fountain most of her life. She worked with her parents at the Fountain Hotel and cooked at several cafes. On Dec. 29, 1943, she married Lyman Stevens in Sioux Falls, S.D. He died May 4, 1974. Mrs. Stevens was a member of St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain; its Altar Society; Fountain American Legion Auxiliary; Fillmore County Historical Society; and the Fountain Senior Citizens and Study Club. She volunteered with RSVP. Survivors include three daughters, Judy (Richard) Kujath and Karen (Gary) Hahn, both of Fountain, and Nancy (Steve) Rowland of Chatfield; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a grandson, a great-grandson, four brothers and a sister. The funeral was August 21, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.