"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lela Stevens, 92, of Fountain, a former cafe cook, died August 18, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center, where she had lived since Feb. 25, 1998.
Lela Bendickson was born July 16, 1911, in rural Harmony and lived in Fountain most of her life. She worked with her parents at the Fountain Hotel and cooked at several cafes. On Dec. 29, 1943, she married Lyman Stevens in Sioux Falls, S.D. He died May 4, 1974. Mrs. Stevens was a member of St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain; its Altar Society; Fountain American Legion Auxiliary; Fillmore County Historical Society; and the Fountain Senior Citizens and Study Club. She volunteered with RSVP. Survivors include three daughters, Judy (Richard) Kujath and Karen (Gary) Hahn, both of Fountain, and Nancy (Steve) Rowland of Chatfield; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a grandson, a great-grandson, four brothers and a sister. The funeral was August 21, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.