"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lela Stevens, 92, of Fountain, a former cafe cook, died August 18, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center, where she had lived since Feb. 25, 1998.
Lela Bendickson was born July 16, 1911, in rural Harmony and lived in Fountain most of her life. She worked with her parents at the Fountain Hotel and cooked at several cafes. On Dec. 29, 1943, she married Lyman Stevens in Sioux Falls, S.D. He died May 4, 1974. Mrs. Stevens was a member of St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain; its Altar Society; Fountain American Legion Auxiliary; Fillmore County Historical Society; and the Fountain Senior Citizens and Study Club. She volunteered with RSVP. Survivors include three daughters, Judy (Richard) Kujath and Karen (Gary) Hahn, both of Fountain, and Nancy (Steve) Rowland of Chatfield; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a grandson, a great-grandson, four brothers and a sister. The funeral was August 21, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery in rural Fountain. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.