"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Agatha Hovey, 79, died August 11, 2003 at the Regional Health Services Hospital in Cresco, Iowa.
Dorothy Hovey was born on September 28, 1923 in Winneshiek County, Iowa, near Kendallville, the daughter of Leo H. and Geneva M. (Cummings) McGee. She attended rural schools and graduated from Cresco High School in 1942, She received her teaching certificate and taught until her marriage on December 29, 1947 to Charles V. Hovey at the Assumption Church Rectory in Cresco. She and Charles farmed in the Plymouth Rock area until they moved into Cresco on November 1, 1998. Dorothy helped on the farm, drove school bus and worked as a nurses aide. She is survived by her children: Leland (Connie) of Harmony, Duane (Patricia) of Cresco, Gary (Mary) Johnson of Kendallville, Mary (Richard) of Lewisville, Colo., Richard (Joan) of Cresco, Marsha (Kevin) Syverson of Decorah; thirteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren; three brothers, Lyola (Marion) McGee of Raymond, Iowa, Willis (Emmajean) McGee of Raymond and Leo (Dorothy) McGee of DesMoines, Iowa; three sisters Ilene Whalen of Lyle, Minn., Geraldine (Francis) Ott of Denver, Iowa and Mildred (John) Ellingson of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1999, two children, one grandson, and one brother. Funeral services were held August 14, 2003 at the Notre Dame Parish-Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, with burial in St. Agnes Cemetery at Plymouth Rock.