"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Agatha Hovey, 79, died August 11, 2003 at the Regional Health Services Hospital in Cresco, Iowa.
Dorothy Hovey was born on September 28, 1923 in Winneshiek County, Iowa, near Kendallville, the daughter of Leo H. and Geneva M. (Cummings) McGee. She attended rural schools and graduated from Cresco High School in 1942, She received her teaching certificate and taught until her marriage on December 29, 1947 to Charles V. Hovey at the Assumption Church Rectory in Cresco. She and Charles farmed in the Plymouth Rock area until they moved into Cresco on November 1, 1998. Dorothy helped on the farm, drove school bus and worked as a nurses aide. She is survived by her children: Leland (Connie) of Harmony, Duane (Patricia) of Cresco, Gary (Mary) Johnson of Kendallville, Mary (Richard) of Lewisville, Colo., Richard (Joan) of Cresco, Marsha (Kevin) Syverson of Decorah; thirteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren; three brothers, Lyola (Marion) McGee of Raymond, Iowa, Willis (Emmajean) McGee of Raymond and Leo (Dorothy) McGee of DesMoines, Iowa; three sisters Ilene Whalen of Lyle, Minn., Geraldine (Francis) Ott of Denver, Iowa and Mildred (John) Ellingson of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1999, two children, one grandson, and one brother. Funeral services were held August 14, 2003 at the Notre Dame Parish-Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, with burial in St. Agnes Cemetery at Plymouth Rock.