"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Agatha Hovey, 79, died August 11, 2003 at the Regional Health Services Hospital in Cresco, Iowa.
Dorothy Hovey was born on September 28, 1923 in Winneshiek County, Iowa, near Kendallville, the daughter of Leo H. and Geneva M. (Cummings) McGee. She attended rural schools and graduated from Cresco High School in 1942, She received her teaching certificate and taught until her marriage on December 29, 1947 to Charles V. Hovey at the Assumption Church Rectory in Cresco. She and Charles farmed in the Plymouth Rock area until they moved into Cresco on November 1, 1998. Dorothy helped on the farm, drove school bus and worked as a nurses aide. She is survived by her children: Leland (Connie) of Harmony, Duane (Patricia) of Cresco, Gary (Mary) Johnson of Kendallville, Mary (Richard) of Lewisville, Colo., Richard (Joan) of Cresco, Marsha (Kevin) Syverson of Decorah; thirteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren; three brothers, Lyola (Marion) McGee of Raymond, Iowa, Willis (Emmajean) McGee of Raymond and Leo (Dorothy) McGee of DesMoines, Iowa; three sisters Ilene Whalen of Lyle, Minn., Geraldine (Francis) Ott of Denver, Iowa and Mildred (John) Ellingson of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1999, two children, one grandson, and one brother. Funeral services were held August 14, 2003 at the Notre Dame Parish-Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, with burial in St. Agnes Cemetery at Plymouth Rock.