"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 6:45:12, Oct 20th 2014 - olliesemn - Thank you mayor for defending the ruling minority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Not ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Agatha Hovey, 79, died August 11, 2003 at the Regional Health Services Hospital in Cresco, Iowa.
Dorothy Hovey was born on September 28, 1923 in Winneshiek County, Iowa, near Kendallville, the daughter of Leo H. and Geneva M. (Cummings) McGee. She attended rural schools and graduated from Cresco High School in 1942, She received her teaching certificate and taught until her marriage on December 29, 1947 to Charles V. Hovey at the Assumption Church Rectory in Cresco. She and Charles farmed in the Plymouth Rock area until they moved into Cresco on November 1, 1998. Dorothy helped on the farm, drove school bus and worked as a nurses aide. She is survived by her children: Leland (Connie) of Harmony, Duane (Patricia) of Cresco, Gary (Mary) Johnson of Kendallville, Mary (Richard) of Lewisville, Colo., Richard (Joan) of Cresco, Marsha (Kevin) Syverson of Decorah; thirteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren; three brothers, Lyola (Marion) McGee of Raymond, Iowa, Willis (Emmajean) McGee of Raymond and Leo (Dorothy) McGee of DesMoines, Iowa; three sisters Ilene Whalen of Lyle, Minn., Geraldine (Francis) Ott of Denver, Iowa and Mildred (John) Ellingson of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1999, two children, one grandson, and one brother. Funeral services were held August 14, 2003 at the Notre Dame Parish-Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, with burial in St. Agnes Cemetery at Plymouth Rock.