"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 22nd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dorothy Agatha Hovey, 79, died August 11, 2003 at the Regional Health Services Hospital in Cresco, Iowa.
Dorothy Hovey was born on September 28, 1923 in Winneshiek County, Iowa, near Kendallville, the daughter of Leo H. and Geneva M. (Cummings) McGee. She attended rural schools and graduated from Cresco High School in 1942, She received her teaching certificate and taught until her marriage on December 29, 1947 to Charles V. Hovey at the Assumption Church Rectory in Cresco. She and Charles farmed in the Plymouth Rock area until they moved into Cresco on November 1, 1998. Dorothy helped on the farm, drove school bus and worked as a nurses aide. She is survived by her children: Leland (Connie) of Harmony, Duane (Patricia) of Cresco, Gary (Mary) Johnson of Kendallville, Mary (Richard) of Lewisville, Colo., Richard (Joan) of Cresco, Marsha (Kevin) Syverson of Decorah; thirteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren; three brothers, Lyola (Marion) McGee of Raymond, Iowa, Willis (Emmajean) McGee of Raymond and Leo (Dorothy) McGee of DesMoines, Iowa; three sisters Ilene Whalen of Lyle, Minn., Geraldine (Francis) Ott of Denver, Iowa and Mildred (John) Ellingson of Rochester. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1999, two children, one grandson, and one brother. Funeral services were held August 14, 2003 at the Notre Dame Parish-Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, with burial in St. Agnes Cemetery at Plymouth Rock.