"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 29th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Teresa 'Teddy' Karlen, 85, of Adams, formerly of LeRoy and Fountain, died August 24, 2003 at Adams Health Care Center.
Teresa Margaret Dever was born May 12, 1918, in Spring Valley and later moved with her family to Jackson, Minn.; Wells, Minn.; and then Austin, where she attended school until becoming ill in the ninth grade. In 1937, she married Leo Karlen. They farmed near Fountain until 1949 and then west of LeRoy until 1967, when they quit farming due to her husband's health and moved into LeRoy. Active in First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, she served on the church board, was financial secretary for 21 1/2 years, helped with youth and accompanied the pastor on visits to rest homes. Survivors include two brothers, Harold Dever of Austin and Robert (Mary) Dever of Mitchell, S.D.; and a sister, Shirley (Jack) Lackey of Stockton, Calif. She was preceded in death by her husband, a stepson, a brother, two sisters and a half brother. The funeral was August 28, 2003 at First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Shari Mason officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.