"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 29th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Teresa 'Teddy' Karlen, 85, of Adams, formerly of LeRoy and Fountain, died August 24, 2003 at Adams Health Care Center.
Teresa Margaret Dever was born May 12, 1918, in Spring Valley and later moved with her family to Jackson, Minn.; Wells, Minn.; and then Austin, where she attended school until becoming ill in the ninth grade. In 1937, she married Leo Karlen. They farmed near Fountain until 1949 and then west of LeRoy until 1967, when they quit farming due to her husband's health and moved into LeRoy. Active in First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, she served on the church board, was financial secretary for 21 1/2 years, helped with youth and accompanied the pastor on visits to rest homes. Survivors include two brothers, Harold Dever of Austin and Robert (Mary) Dever of Mitchell, S.D.; and a sister, Shirley (Jack) Lackey of Stockton, Calif. She was preceded in death by her husband, a stepson, a brother, two sisters and a half brother. The funeral was August 28, 2003 at First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Shari Mason officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.