"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 29th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Teresa 'Teddy' Karlen, 85, of Adams, formerly of LeRoy and Fountain, died August 24, 2003 at Adams Health Care Center.
Teresa Margaret Dever was born May 12, 1918, in Spring Valley and later moved with her family to Jackson, Minn.; Wells, Minn.; and then Austin, where she attended school until becoming ill in the ninth grade. In 1937, she married Leo Karlen. They farmed near Fountain until 1949 and then west of LeRoy until 1967, when they quit farming due to her husband's health and moved into LeRoy. Active in First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, she served on the church board, was financial secretary for 21 1/2 years, helped with youth and accompanied the pastor on visits to rest homes. Survivors include two brothers, Harold Dever of Austin and Robert (Mary) Dever of Mitchell, S.D.; and a sister, Shirley (Jack) Lackey of Stockton, Calif. She was preceded in death by her husband, a stepson, a brother, two sisters and a half brother. The funeral was August 28, 2003 at First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Shari Mason officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.