"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 29th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Teresa 'Teddy' Karlen, 85, of Adams, formerly of LeRoy and Fountain, died August 24, 2003 at Adams Health Care Center.
Teresa Margaret Dever was born May 12, 1918, in Spring Valley and later moved with her family to Jackson, Minn.; Wells, Minn.; and then Austin, where she attended school until becoming ill in the ninth grade. In 1937, she married Leo Karlen. They farmed near Fountain until 1949 and then west of LeRoy until 1967, when they quit farming due to her husband's health and moved into LeRoy. Active in First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, she served on the church board, was financial secretary for 21 1/2 years, helped with youth and accompanied the pastor on visits to rest homes. Survivors include two brothers, Harold Dever of Austin and Robert (Mary) Dever of Mitchell, S.D.; and a sister, Shirley (Jack) Lackey of Stockton, Calif. She was preceded in death by her husband, a stepson, a brother, two sisters and a half brother. The funeral was August 28, 2003 at First Presbyterian Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Shari Mason officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery.