"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you arenâ€™t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
Fri, Aug 29th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Petra C. Hanson, 106, of Chatfield, formerly of Whalan and Lanesboro, died August 26, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where she had lived since 1987.
Petra Moger was born July 30, 1897, in rural Whalan. She was a homemaker. Her husband, Oscar Hanson, died in August 1962. Mrs. Hanson lived in the rural Whalan area and in Lanesboro before moving to Chatfield after her husband’s death. Survivors include a daughter, Doris (LeVern) Olson of Spring Valley; 26 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; 13 great-great-grandchildren; and a half-sister, Benita Johnson of St. Paul. She was preceded in death by a daughter, three sons, two grandchildren and three stepbrothers. The funeral was August 29, 2003 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.