"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Lee Stockdale, 88, of rural Grand Meadow, a retired farmer, died August 27, 2003 at the Ostrander Nursing Home, where he had lived a short time.
Born July 23, 1915, near Lime Springs in Howard County, Iowa, he grew up in the area, attended Lime Springs schools and played in a baseball league. While growing up, he worked for neighbors and later for Reid Murdock, now Seneca, for a number of years. On Sept. 1, 1937, he married Elaine Loucks at her parentsí home. They farmed south of Ostrander for six years and then at York for 21 years before moving to the farm they purchased west of Ostrander in April 1946. In addition to farming, he sold Cargill Seed and Archers Oil for many years. Mr. Stockdale was a longtime member of Bennington Lutheran Church before it became a part of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander. He was a member and officer of the Frankford Grange, had been a member of Golden Circle Senior Citizens in Ostrander for 20 years, was a volunteer driver for SEMCAC. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Janelle (Wayne) Thorson of Spring Valley, Karen (Donald) Tapp of Lincoln, Neb., and Juliene (David) Brady of Stewartville; a son, Kenneth (Diane) of Grand Meadow; 18 grandchildren; and 39 great-grandchildren. Three brothers preceded him in death. The funeral was September 1, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Bennington Cemetery in Bennington Township, Mower County. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.