"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Julie A. Hanson, 57, of Rochester, a registered nurse, died September 1, 2003 at her home. She had been ill nearly two years.
Julie Anne Proctor was born Nov. 22, 1945, in Minneapolis, was raised by her grandparents, Bennett (Benny) and Alice Tengesdal in the Mabel area and graduated from LeRoy High School. After receiving an associate of arts degree in nursing from the College of Lake County in Illinois, she was a nurse in the Waukegan, Ill., and Harmony areas before moving to Rochester in 1979. She was a cardiac surgical intensive care nurse and later a triage nurse at the Ask Mayo Clinic call center. She married Jerry L. Hanson 40 years ago at St. John’s Lutheran Church in El Segundo, Calif. Her husband worked at the Gables. Survivors include her husband; a son, Jeffrey (Tabitha) of Rochester; three grandchildren; her mother, Florence L. Proctor of Waukegan; and two sisters, Alice (Ronald) Delabre of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., and Susan (Jody) Lanning of Waukegan. Her father preceded her in death. The memorial service was September 4, 2003 at Bethel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Linda Herberg officiating. Burial was in Oakwood Cemetery.