"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rev. Jerome Halloran, 78, of LaMesa, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died Sept. 1, 2003 at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
He was born Aug. 4, 1925, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1943. During World War II, he served in the Army and saw action in the China-Burma-India theater. After his discharge, he attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and following his graduation in 1950, he entered St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul. In 1954, he graduated from seminary and was a priest at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona and St. Augustine Catholic Church in Austin. He then served as a chaplain in the Air Force for 20 years and retired in 1984 with the rank of lieutenant colonel. Survivors include two brothers, Walter (Marion) of Rochester and Patrick of Colorado Springs, Colo. A sister preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for the Rev. Jerome Halloran was September 4, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with Bishop Bernard J. Harrington officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield is in charge of arrangements.