"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rev. Jerome Halloran, 78, of LaMesa, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died Sept. 1, 2003 at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
He was born Aug. 4, 1925, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1943. During World War II, he served in the Army and saw action in the China-Burma-India theater. After his discharge, he attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and following his graduation in 1950, he entered St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul. In 1954, he graduated from seminary and was a priest at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona and St. Augustine Catholic Church in Austin. He then served as a chaplain in the Air Force for 20 years and retired in 1984 with the rank of lieutenant colonel. Survivors include two brothers, Walter (Marion) of Rochester and Patrick of Colorado Springs, Colo. A sister preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for the Rev. Jerome Halloran was September 4, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with Bishop Bernard J. Harrington officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield is in charge of arrangements.