"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
- 6:10:02, Aug 14th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - So you're accusing me of robbing the due credit from God? I ... [Read More]
- 10:35:00, Aug 12th 2016 - VikeFan 1 - Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one, "left luvr." Whoever heard of using "fa ... [Read More]
- 10:00:45, Aug 12th 2016 - dump the chump - Funny how the ones who talk the most know the least. ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rev. Jerome Halloran, 78, of LaMesa, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died Sept. 1, 2003 at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
He was born Aug. 4, 1925, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1943. During World War II, he served in the Army and saw action in the China-Burma-India theater. After his discharge, he attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and following his graduation in 1950, he entered St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul. In 1954, he graduated from seminary and was a priest at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona and St. Augustine Catholic Church in Austin. He then served as a chaplain in the Air Force for 20 years and retired in 1984 with the rank of lieutenant colonel. Survivors include two brothers, Walter (Marion) of Rochester and Patrick of Colorado Springs, Colo. A sister preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for the Rev. Jerome Halloran was September 4, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with Bishop Bernard J. Harrington officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield is in charge of arrangements.