"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
- 12:42:02, Sep 26th 2016 - Uh huh - Yes, let's turn Harmony into a police state because you heard a 'rummer'. ... [Read More]
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rev. Jerome Halloran, 78, of LaMesa, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died Sept. 1, 2003 at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
He was born Aug. 4, 1925, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1943. During World War II, he served in the Army and saw action in the China-Burma-India theater. After his discharge, he attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and following his graduation in 1950, he entered St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul. In 1954, he graduated from seminary and was a priest at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona and St. Augustine Catholic Church in Austin. He then served as a chaplain in the Air Force for 20 years and retired in 1984 with the rank of lieutenant colonel. Survivors include two brothers, Walter (Marion) of Rochester and Patrick of Colorado Springs, Colo. A sister preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for the Rev. Jerome Halloran was September 4, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with Bishop Bernard J. Harrington officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield is in charge of arrangements.