"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 5th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Rev. Jerome Halloran, 78, of LaMesa, Calif., formerly of Chatfield, died Sept. 1, 2003 at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
He was born Aug. 4, 1925, in Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1943. During World War II, he served in the Army and saw action in the China-Burma-India theater. After his discharge, he attended Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and following his graduation in 1950, he entered St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul. In 1954, he graduated from seminary and was a priest at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in Winona and St. Augustine Catholic Church in Austin. He then served as a chaplain in the Air Force for 20 years and retired in 1984 with the rank of lieutenant colonel. Survivors include two brothers, Walter (Marion) of Rochester and Patrick of Colorado Springs, Colo. A sister preceded him in death. A funeral Mass for the Rev. Jerome Halloran was September 4, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with Bishop Bernard J. Harrington officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield is in charge of arrangements.