"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth W. Shaw, 80, of Ostrander, died September 4, 2003 in Spring Valley.
He was born May 26, 1923, in Spooner, Wis. His family moved to Spring Valley when he was a child. He attended Ward School in Spring Valley. During World War II, he served in the Army. While serving in the South Pacific, he was wounded and received a Purple Heart. On Dec. 28, 1945, he married Edith Comstock in Preston. Mr. Shaw farmed in the Sumner Center area for several years. He also worked for Hanna Mines and Rochester Dairy. The couple moved to Ostrander in the spring of 1962. Mr. Shaw worked for Ostrander Elevator and operated Kenís Skelly Station until he retired in 1985. He was a member of Ostrander Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Valley VFW and the Ostrander American Legion. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard (Toni) of Chatfield and Stephen (Nancy) of Hugo, Minn.; four daughters, Christine (Dean) Dahle of Hayfield, Kathleen (Dennis) Eckard of Kansas City, Mo., Karen Shaw of Spring Valley and Susan (Brad) Davis of Hamilton, Mont.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. An infant son, a half-brother and a half-sister preceded him in death. A memorial service for Kenneth W. Shaw was September 8, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery.