"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth W. Shaw, 80, of Ostrander, died September 4, 2003 in Spring Valley.
He was born May 26, 1923, in Spooner, Wis. His family moved to Spring Valley when he was a child. He attended Ward School in Spring Valley. During World War II, he served in the Army. While serving in the South Pacific, he was wounded and received a Purple Heart. On Dec. 28, 1945, he married Edith Comstock in Preston. Mr. Shaw farmed in the Sumner Center area for several years. He also worked for Hanna Mines and Rochester Dairy. The couple moved to Ostrander in the spring of 1962. Mr. Shaw worked for Ostrander Elevator and operated Kenís Skelly Station until he retired in 1985. He was a member of Ostrander Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Valley VFW and the Ostrander American Legion. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard (Toni) of Chatfield and Stephen (Nancy) of Hugo, Minn.; four daughters, Christine (Dean) Dahle of Hayfield, Kathleen (Dennis) Eckard of Kansas City, Mo., Karen Shaw of Spring Valley and Susan (Brad) Davis of Hamilton, Mont.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. An infant son, a half-brother and a half-sister preceded him in death. A memorial service for Kenneth W. Shaw was September 8, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery.