"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth W. Shaw, 80, of Ostrander, died September 4, 2003 in Spring Valley.
He was born May 26, 1923, in Spooner, Wis. His family moved to Spring Valley when he was a child. He attended Ward School in Spring Valley. During World War II, he served in the Army. While serving in the South Pacific, he was wounded and received a Purple Heart. On Dec. 28, 1945, he married Edith Comstock in Preston. Mr. Shaw farmed in the Sumner Center area for several years. He also worked for Hanna Mines and Rochester Dairy. The couple moved to Ostrander in the spring of 1962. Mr. Shaw worked for Ostrander Elevator and operated Kenís Skelly Station until he retired in 1985. He was a member of Ostrander Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Valley VFW and the Ostrander American Legion. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard (Toni) of Chatfield and Stephen (Nancy) of Hugo, Minn.; four daughters, Christine (Dean) Dahle of Hayfield, Kathleen (Dennis) Eckard of Kansas City, Mo., Karen Shaw of Spring Valley and Susan (Brad) Davis of Hamilton, Mont.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. An infant son, a half-brother and a half-sister preceded him in death. A memorial service for Kenneth W. Shaw was September 8, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery.