"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 9th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
- 8:54:16, Dec 8th 2016 - AMEN - Amen to that ... [Read More]
- 8:53:38, Dec 8th 2016 - Go Trump - To Doc, I use oil, so take my money for that. It is better than getting ... [Read More]
- 8:43:47, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - As I have said before, the most vocal are also the most ignorant. I'll bet you h ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth W. Shaw, 80, of Ostrander, died September 4, 2003 in Spring Valley.
He was born May 26, 1923, in Spooner, Wis. His family moved to Spring Valley when he was a child. He attended Ward School in Spring Valley. During World War II, he served in the Army. While serving in the South Pacific, he was wounded and received a Purple Heart. On Dec. 28, 1945, he married Edith Comstock in Preston. Mr. Shaw farmed in the Sumner Center area for several years. He also worked for Hanna Mines and Rochester Dairy. The couple moved to Ostrander in the spring of 1962. Mr. Shaw worked for Ostrander Elevator and operated Ken’s Skelly Station until he retired in 1985. He was a member of Ostrander Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Valley VFW and the Ostrander American Legion. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard (Toni) of Chatfield and Stephen (Nancy) of Hugo, Minn.; four daughters, Christine (Dean) Dahle of Hayfield, Kathleen (Dennis) Eckard of Kansas City, Mo., Karen Shaw of Spring Valley and Susan (Brad) Davis of Hamilton, Mont.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. An infant son, a half-brother and a half-sister preceded him in death. A memorial service for Kenneth W. Shaw was September 8, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery.