"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth W. Shaw, 80, of Ostrander, died September 4, 2003 in Spring Valley.
He was born May 26, 1923, in Spooner, Wis. His family moved to Spring Valley when he was a child. He attended Ward School in Spring Valley. During World War II, he served in the Army. While serving in the South Pacific, he was wounded and received a Purple Heart. On Dec. 28, 1945, he married Edith Comstock in Preston. Mr. Shaw farmed in the Sumner Center area for several years. He also worked for Hanna Mines and Rochester Dairy. The couple moved to Ostrander in the spring of 1962. Mr. Shaw worked for Ostrander Elevator and operated Ken’s Skelly Station until he retired in 1985. He was a member of Ostrander Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Valley VFW and the Ostrander American Legion. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard (Toni) of Chatfield and Stephen (Nancy) of Hugo, Minn.; four daughters, Christine (Dean) Dahle of Hayfield, Kathleen (Dennis) Eckard of Kansas City, Mo., Karen Shaw of Spring Valley and Susan (Brad) Davis of Hamilton, Mont.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren. An infant son, a half-brother and a half-sister preceded him in death. A memorial service for Kenneth W. Shaw was September 8, 2003 at Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery.