"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:35:47, Sep 2nd 2014 - wtf - Because I can! At least I don't sit and argue with people like you do mister no ... [Read More]
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John ‘Mike’ Gartner, 64, of Preston, a highway department employee, died September 7, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness.
Born Jan. 13, 1939, in St. Paul, son of Lud and Betty (Mulvehill) Gartner. He graduated from Preston High School in 1957 and lived in Preston most of his life. On Nov. 28, 1964, he married Pat Reinarts in Preston. He had worked for the Fillmore County Highway Department the past 29 years and had served on the Preston City Council the past 12 years. A 27-year veteran of the Preston Volunteer Fire Department, he served as chief for six of those years, and was a member of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association board and the Preston Ambulance Association. He was a lifetime member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and was a member of Root River Ducks Unlimited, Mount Frontenac Ski Patrol, Preston American Legion, Preston Golf Course, Crown Hill Cemetery Association and the Fillmore County Nursing Board. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Beth (Dave) Sweeley of New Brighton, Minn., Bridget Gartner of Minnetonka, Minn., and Lindsey Gartner of Chicago; two grandchildren; two brothers, Ludwig (Judith) of St. Paul and Murph of Omaha, Neb.; and two sisters, Phylis (Tom) Kokesh of Fountain Hills, Ariz., and Mimi (Glenn) Pooler of Rochester. The funeral Mass for John “Mike” Gartner was September 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, due to renovation at St. Columban Catholic Church. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.