"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John ‘Mike’ Gartner, 64, of Preston, a highway department employee, died September 7, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness.
Born Jan. 13, 1939, in St. Paul, son of Lud and Betty (Mulvehill) Gartner. He graduated from Preston High School in 1957 and lived in Preston most of his life. On Nov. 28, 1964, he married Pat Reinarts in Preston. He had worked for the Fillmore County Highway Department the past 29 years and had served on the Preston City Council the past 12 years. A 27-year veteran of the Preston Volunteer Fire Department, he served as chief for six of those years, and was a member of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association board and the Preston Ambulance Association. He was a lifetime member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and was a member of Root River Ducks Unlimited, Mount Frontenac Ski Patrol, Preston American Legion, Preston Golf Course, Crown Hill Cemetery Association and the Fillmore County Nursing Board. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Beth (Dave) Sweeley of New Brighton, Minn., Bridget Gartner of Minnetonka, Minn., and Lindsey Gartner of Chicago; two grandchildren; two brothers, Ludwig (Judith) of St. Paul and Murph of Omaha, Neb.; and two sisters, Phylis (Tom) Kokesh of Fountain Hills, Ariz., and Mimi (Glenn) Pooler of Rochester. The funeral Mass for John “Mike” Gartner was September 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, due to renovation at St. Columban Catholic Church. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.