"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Do you text & drive?
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John ‘Mike’ Gartner, 64, of Preston, a highway department employee, died September 7, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness.
Born Jan. 13, 1939, in St. Paul, son of Lud and Betty (Mulvehill) Gartner. He graduated from Preston High School in 1957 and lived in Preston most of his life. On Nov. 28, 1964, he married Pat Reinarts in Preston. He had worked for the Fillmore County Highway Department the past 29 years and had served on the Preston City Council the past 12 years. A 27-year veteran of the Preston Volunteer Fire Department, he served as chief for six of those years, and was a member of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association board and the Preston Ambulance Association. He was a lifetime member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and was a member of Root River Ducks Unlimited, Mount Frontenac Ski Patrol, Preston American Legion, Preston Golf Course, Crown Hill Cemetery Association and the Fillmore County Nursing Board. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Beth (Dave) Sweeley of New Brighton, Minn., Bridget Gartner of Minnetonka, Minn., and Lindsey Gartner of Chicago; two grandchildren; two brothers, Ludwig (Judith) of St. Paul and Murph of Omaha, Neb.; and two sisters, Phylis (Tom) Kokesh of Fountain Hills, Ariz., and Mimi (Glenn) Pooler of Rochester. The funeral Mass for John “Mike” Gartner was September 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, due to renovation at St. Columban Catholic Church. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.