"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
John ‘Mike’ Gartner, 64, of Preston, a highway department employee, died September 7, 2003 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness.
Born Jan. 13, 1939, in St. Paul, son of Lud and Betty (Mulvehill) Gartner. He graduated from Preston High School in 1957 and lived in Preston most of his life. On Nov. 28, 1964, he married Pat Reinarts in Preston. He had worked for the Fillmore County Highway Department the past 29 years and had served on the Preston City Council the past 12 years. A 27-year veteran of the Preston Volunteer Fire Department, he served as chief for six of those years, and was a member of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association board and the Preston Ambulance Association. He was a lifetime member of St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston and was a member of Root River Ducks Unlimited, Mount Frontenac Ski Patrol, Preston American Legion, Preston Golf Course, Crown Hill Cemetery Association and the Fillmore County Nursing Board. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Beth (Dave) Sweeley of New Brighton, Minn., Bridget Gartner of Minnetonka, Minn., and Lindsey Gartner of Chicago; two grandchildren; two brothers, Ludwig (Judith) of St. Paul and Murph of Omaha, Neb.; and two sisters, Phylis (Tom) Kokesh of Fountain Hills, Ariz., and Mimi (Glenn) Pooler of Rochester. The funeral Mass for John “Mike” Gartner was September 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, due to renovation at St. Columban Catholic Church. The Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiated. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.