"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
•David Ray Merkel, 42, Spring Valley, was charged in Fillmore County District Court on Monday, September 8 with Manufacture of Methamphet-amine, a felony. It is alleged in the criminal complaint that between August 20 and September 4, the defendant manufactured methamphetamine. Law enforcement officials recovered methamphetamine from the defendant and found equipment associated with its manufacture at the defendant’s rural home. If convicted, Merkel faces 30 years in prison and/or fines up to $1,000,000. The defendant was released on $3,000 conditional bail. His next court appearance will be on October 13. •Chad Steven Sorenson, 23, Fountain, was charged in district court on Monday with felony fraud financial transaction - card use without consent. In the criminal complaint, it is alleged that Sorenson used a telephone card belonging to another man without the man’s consent, accruing $2,281.07 in charges. This supposedly took place in 2000. Sorenson was released on his own recognizance after posting $5,000 bond. His next court appearance is October 13. Other •The trial of Juan Carlo Sanchez, who is charged with several felony counts related to the theft of ATVs in Rushford, was continued until a future date at the request of the Fillmore County Attorney. The prosecutor’s office is still awaiting evidence from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Sanchez was released on his own recognizance. The defendant had to surrender his Cuban passport and was instructed not to apply for an American one.