"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:39:18, Mar 4th 2015 - disappointed - DOC.....WHY DO U THINK I WORK AT MAYO? BELIEVE ME WHEN MY CHILD GRADUAT ... [Read More]
- 11:11:29, Mar 3rd 2015 - doc - Apparently Harmony Telephone doesn't have billions in cash to spend on internet ... [Read More]
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
•David Ray Merkel, 42, Spring Valley, was charged in Fillmore County District Court on Monday, September 8 with Manufacture of Methamphet-amine, a felony. It is alleged in the criminal complaint that between August 20 and September 4, the defendant manufactured methamphetamine. Law enforcement officials recovered methamphetamine from the defendant and found equipment associated with its manufacture at the defendant’s rural home. If convicted, Merkel faces 30 years in prison and/or fines up to $1,000,000. The defendant was released on $3,000 conditional bail. His next court appearance will be on October 13. •Chad Steven Sorenson, 23, Fountain, was charged in district court on Monday with felony fraud financial transaction - card use without consent. In the criminal complaint, it is alleged that Sorenson used a telephone card belonging to another man without the man’s consent, accruing $2,281.07 in charges. This supposedly took place in 2000. Sorenson was released on his own recognizance after posting $5,000 bond. His next court appearance is October 13. Other •The trial of Juan Carlo Sanchez, who is charged with several felony counts related to the theft of ATVs in Rushford, was continued until a future date at the request of the Fillmore County Attorney. The prosecutor’s office is still awaiting evidence from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Sanchez was released on his own recognizance. The defendant had to surrender his Cuban passport and was instructed not to apply for an American one.