"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
- 10:07:03, Mar 1st 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Sep 12th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
•David Ray Merkel, 42, Spring Valley, was charged in Fillmore County District Court on Monday, September 8 with Manufacture of Methamphet-amine, a felony. It is alleged in the criminal complaint that between August 20 and September 4, the defendant manufactured methamphetamine. Law enforcement officials recovered methamphetamine from the defendant and found equipment associated with its manufacture at the defendant’s rural home. If convicted, Merkel faces 30 years in prison and/or fines up to $1,000,000. The defendant was released on $3,000 conditional bail. His next court appearance will be on October 13. •Chad Steven Sorenson, 23, Fountain, was charged in district court on Monday with felony fraud financial transaction - card use without consent. In the criminal complaint, it is alleged that Sorenson used a telephone card belonging to another man without the man’s consent, accruing $2,281.07 in charges. This supposedly took place in 2000. Sorenson was released on his own recognizance after posting $5,000 bond. His next court appearance is October 13. Other •The trial of Juan Carlo Sanchez, who is charged with several felony counts related to the theft of ATVs in Rushford, was continued until a future date at the request of the Fillmore County Attorney. The prosecutor’s office is still awaiting evidence from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Sanchez was released on his own recognizance. The defendant had to surrender his Cuban passport and was instructed not to apply for an American one.