"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 19th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald J. Lynch, 79, of Chatfield, died Sept. 17, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield where he had lived since August 2002.
He was born May 15, 1924, in rural Chatfield and lived in the area all his life. Mr. Lynch farmed, worked at the former Rochester State Hospital and later at the St. Paul Post Office, and was an Olmsted County deputy sheriff for 20 years before his retirement. In 1995, he was named Adult Volunteer Care Provider of the Year at Chosen Valley Care Center. Survivors include three sisters, Delores McBroom and Helen Burk, both of Chatfield, and Catherine (Marvin) Pettey of Hillman, Minn. A sister and a brother preceded him in death. A funeral Mass was held Sept. 20, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.