"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Pearl C. Ruesink, 90, of Spring Valley, a former area farm homemaker, died September 23, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center, where she had lived since April 1997.
Pearl C. Leutink was born Aug. 25, 1913, in Fillmore County, the daughter of Henry and Carrie (TerMaat) Leutink. She was raised on the family farm in rural Cherry Grove. On Oct. 7, 1931, she married Paul Ruesink at the Greenleafton Reformed Church parsonage. They farmed in York and Forestville townships until 1971, when they retired and moved into Spring Valley. Mr. Ruesink died April 26, 1981. Mrs. Ruesink was a member of Cherry Grove United Methodist Church and its ladies aid. Survivors include a daughter, Carol Ann (Robert) Meyer of Byron; a son, Richard (Gwen) of Spring Valley; seven grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Leonard (Helen) Leutink Sr. and Henry Leutink, both of Spring Valley. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral for Pearl C. Ruesink was September 26, 2003 at Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake of Preston United Methodist Church officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery in rural Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.