"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Harlan Melville Renner, 91, of LeRoy, died September 18, 2003 at Field Crest Nursing Home in Hayfield, where he had lived for a short time.
He was born June 26, 1915, in LeRoy. In his teens, he operated the Philips 66 Station in Chester, Iowa, and later worked at Oakdale Amusement Park near LeRoy and owned a roller skating rink in LeRoy. Mr. Renner farmed, worked at LeRoy Plastic factory, was a maintenance man at Kahler hotel for a short time, and drove school bus for LeRoy Schools for approximately 30 years before retiring in the mid 1980s. He was a member of First Baptist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Tammy (Art) Schneider of Waltham, and Virginia “Jill” (Terry) Hamann of Chester, Iowa. His wife preceded him in death. The funeral for Harlan Melville Renner was September 21, 2003 at First Baptist Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Eugene Slagstad officiating. Burial was in LeRoy Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.