"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Mae Eastland, 82, of LeRoy, died September 21 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived since 1999.
Helen Mae Jones was born May 21, 1921, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale Township schools. On Dec. 2, 1939, she married Lorimer Eastland in Plymouth, Iowa. They farmed in the LeRoy-Chester area for many years. Mrs. Eastland also worked at Romona’s Bakery, G&G Drive-in and Oakdale Pallet Factory. She was a member of McIntire Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Mercedes (Kenneth) Winkels of Chester, Iowa; two sons, Melvin (Judy) and Loren (Dorothy), both of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Harold (Dorothy) Jones of LeRoy, Don Jones of Chester, Walter (Zona) Jones of Cresco, Iowa, Vernon (Lucile) Jones of Lime Springs, Iowa, and Roger (Betty) Jones of Manchester, Iowa; and a sister, Carol (Clarence) Mullenbach of Rose Creek. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral for Helen Mae Eastland was September 24, 2003 at United Methodist Church in McIntire, Iowa, with the Rev. Mike Carey officiating. Burial was in Chester Hill Cemetery in Chester, Iowa. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.