"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
- 2:47:19, Dec 21st 2014 - omg - Do u use butter. Do you use eggs. Do u feed your baby milk. I could keep going ... [Read More]
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Mae Eastland, 82, of LeRoy, died September 21 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived since 1999.
Helen Mae Jones was born May 21, 1921, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale Township schools. On Dec. 2, 1939, she married Lorimer Eastland in Plymouth, Iowa. They farmed in the LeRoy-Chester area for many years. Mrs. Eastland also worked at Romona’s Bakery, G&G Drive-in and Oakdale Pallet Factory. She was a member of McIntire Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Mercedes (Kenneth) Winkels of Chester, Iowa; two sons, Melvin (Judy) and Loren (Dorothy), both of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Harold (Dorothy) Jones of LeRoy, Don Jones of Chester, Walter (Zona) Jones of Cresco, Iowa, Vernon (Lucile) Jones of Lime Springs, Iowa, and Roger (Betty) Jones of Manchester, Iowa; and a sister, Carol (Clarence) Mullenbach of Rose Creek. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral for Helen Mae Eastland was September 24, 2003 at United Methodist Church in McIntire, Iowa, with the Rev. Mike Carey officiating. Burial was in Chester Hill Cemetery in Chester, Iowa. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.