"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Mae Eastland, 82, of LeRoy, died September 21 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived since 1999.
Helen Mae Jones was born May 21, 1921, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale Township schools. On Dec. 2, 1939, she married Lorimer Eastland in Plymouth, Iowa. They farmed in the LeRoy-Chester area for many years. Mrs. Eastland also worked at Romona’s Bakery, G&G Drive-in and Oakdale Pallet Factory. She was a member of McIntire Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Mercedes (Kenneth) Winkels of Chester, Iowa; two sons, Melvin (Judy) and Loren (Dorothy), both of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Harold (Dorothy) Jones of LeRoy, Don Jones of Chester, Walter (Zona) Jones of Cresco, Iowa, Vernon (Lucile) Jones of Lime Springs, Iowa, and Roger (Betty) Jones of Manchester, Iowa; and a sister, Carol (Clarence) Mullenbach of Rose Creek. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral for Helen Mae Eastland was September 24, 2003 at United Methodist Church in McIntire, Iowa, with the Rev. Mike Carey officiating. Burial was in Chester Hill Cemetery in Chester, Iowa. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.