"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:09:57, Sep 30th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Ella and family, Sorry for your loss of Roger! You ... [Read More]
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Mae Eastland, 82, of LeRoy, died September 21 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived since 1999.
Helen Mae Jones was born May 21, 1921, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale Township schools. On Dec. 2, 1939, she married Lorimer Eastland in Plymouth, Iowa. They farmed in the LeRoy-Chester area for many years. Mrs. Eastland also worked at Romona’s Bakery, G&G Drive-in and Oakdale Pallet Factory. She was a member of McIntire Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Mercedes (Kenneth) Winkels of Chester, Iowa; two sons, Melvin (Judy) and Loren (Dorothy), both of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Harold (Dorothy) Jones of LeRoy, Don Jones of Chester, Walter (Zona) Jones of Cresco, Iowa, Vernon (Lucile) Jones of Lime Springs, Iowa, and Roger (Betty) Jones of Manchester, Iowa; and a sister, Carol (Clarence) Mullenbach of Rose Creek. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral for Helen Mae Eastland was September 24, 2003 at United Methodist Church in McIntire, Iowa, with the Rev. Mike Carey officiating. Burial was in Chester Hill Cemetery in Chester, Iowa. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.