"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Do you text & drive?
Fri, Sep 26th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Mae Eastland, 82, of LeRoy, died September 21 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had lived since 1999.
Helen Mae Jones was born May 21, 1921, in Howard County, Iowa, and attended Oakdale Township schools. On Dec. 2, 1939, she married Lorimer Eastland in Plymouth, Iowa. They farmed in the LeRoy-Chester area for many years. Mrs. Eastland also worked at Romona’s Bakery, G&G Drive-in and Oakdale Pallet Factory. She was a member of McIntire Methodist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Mercedes (Kenneth) Winkels of Chester, Iowa; two sons, Melvin (Judy) and Loren (Dorothy), both of LeRoy; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; five brothers, Harold (Dorothy) Jones of LeRoy, Don Jones of Chester, Walter (Zona) Jones of Cresco, Iowa, Vernon (Lucile) Jones of Lime Springs, Iowa, and Roger (Betty) Jones of Manchester, Iowa; and a sister, Carol (Clarence) Mullenbach of Rose Creek. She was preceded in death by her husband, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral for Helen Mae Eastland was September 24, 2003 at United Methodist Church in McIntire, Iowa, with the Rev. Mike Carey officiating. Burial was in Chester Hill Cemetery in Chester, Iowa. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.