"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald A. Underbakke, age 72, of Canton, Minnesota died September 29, 2003 at the Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Mr. Underbakke was born June 6, 1931 in Canton to Knute and Amanda (Heng) Underbakke. He grew up in Canton and graduated from the Canton High School. In 1950 he entered the United States Army where, over a 22 year career, he attained the rank of Sergeant First Class. He served in several places including Korea, Vietnam, Germany, and Africa. On February 21, 1967 he married Charlene H. Thompson in St. Paul, Minn. They lived in Virginia until 1981 when they returned to Canton, Minnesota where they have resided since. Mr. Underbakke is survived by his wife Charlene of Canton; a stepson Todd Pierce of Spotsylvania, Virginia; two sisters Ruth (Dave) Caldwell of Santa Barbara, California, and Joyce (Dick) Duncan of Rochester; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters. Funeral services were October 3, 2003 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.