"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald A. Underbakke, age 72, of Canton, Minnesota died September 29, 2003 at the Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Mr. Underbakke was born June 6, 1931 in Canton to Knute and Amanda (Heng) Underbakke. He grew up in Canton and graduated from the Canton High School. In 1950 he entered the United States Army where, over a 22 year career, he attained the rank of Sergeant First Class. He served in several places including Korea, Vietnam, Germany, and Africa. On February 21, 1967 he married Charlene H. Thompson in St. Paul, Minn. They lived in Virginia until 1981 when they returned to Canton, Minnesota where they have resided since. Mr. Underbakke is survived by his wife Charlene of Canton; a stepson Todd Pierce of Spotsylvania, Virginia; two sisters Ruth (Dave) Caldwell of Santa Barbara, California, and Joyce (Dick) Duncan of Rochester; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters. Funeral services were October 3, 2003 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Jeff Forbes officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.