"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ron D. “King” Simpson, 50, of Bangor, Wisc., died suddenly September 20, 2003, at his home.
He was born July 23, 1953, in La Crosse to Darrel and Arlene (Streeck) Simpson. On Sept. 19, 1981, he married Connie Johnson in Minnesota, and they just celebrated their 22nd wedding anniversary. Ron graduated from Bangor High School in 1971. He worked at Webster Industries in Bangor for 20 years and was presently employed by Coulee Region Enterprises, also in Bangor. Ron was a veteran, having served with the U.S. Army for six years. He was a member of Anderson-Good American Legion Post 40 of Bangor. He also was a member of the Bangor Fire Department. Survivors include his wife, Connie; his mother, Arlene Simpson of Bangor; three sisters, Laurie (Ed) Solberg of Sparta, Wis., Lynette (Jeffrey) Ikert and Joanie (Darrell) Wilcox, both of Bangor; father and mother-in-law Carmen and Phyllis Johnson; brother-in-law Steve Johnson; and sister-in-law Fay (Ross) Himlie of Rushford; and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father. Funeral services were September 25, 2003 at First Presbyterian Church, Bangor. The Rev. Louis Stoker officiated. Burial will be at a later date in Rockland Cemetery.