"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
- 7:48:14, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - Play Nice, just ignore Col. Gudmundson. He has an opinion about ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, May 28th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: It is simply impossible to have a discussion with you since yo ... [Read More]
- 6:23:55, May 28th 2015 - Play nice - I grew up in a large family. We never owned a house, we always rented. ... [Read More]
- 3:29:21, May 28th 2015 - expat - Hey I grew up in Harmony and whenever I return, I am stunned at how run down ... [Read More]
- 2:25:20, May 28th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- I had not had a chance to respond to your post but "shame on y ... [Read More]
- 12:13:43, May 28th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth; Allow me to address each of your points one by one: 1. "c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth E. Scheevel, 91, of Preston, an area farm homemaker, died Friday (Sept. 26, 2003) at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Ruth E. Collett was born May 6, 1912, near Harmony, and after graduating from Harmony High School in 1929 was a typesetter for the Harmony newspaper. In 1932 she married Robert H. Cleveland. He died in 1940. While living in Preston she worked at the White Gate Cafe. On Feb. 14, 1948, she married Vernon C. Scheevel at the Lutheran Church in Preston and they farmed near Preston. After his death in 1973, she continued to live on the farm until moving to Preston in 1996. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston Senior Citizens Clubs. Survivors include a son, Robert (Sali) Cleveland of Winter Haven, Fla.; five daughters, Patricia (Thomas) Larson of Minong, Wis., Mary (Eugene) Marburger of Rochester, Elaine Cleveland of St. Paul, Dianne (Wilbert) Robbins of Denver, Colo., and Linda (Ron) Means of Preston; 20 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters and two grandchildren. The funeral for Ruth E. Scheevel was September 30, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.