"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth E. Scheevel, 91, of Preston, an area farm homemaker, died Friday (Sept. 26, 2003) at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Ruth E. Collett was born May 6, 1912, near Harmony, and after graduating from Harmony High School in 1929 was a typesetter for the Harmony newspaper. In 1932 she married Robert H. Cleveland. He died in 1940. While living in Preston she worked at the White Gate Cafe. On Feb. 14, 1948, she married Vernon C. Scheevel at the Lutheran Church in Preston and they farmed near Preston. After his death in 1973, she continued to live on the farm until moving to Preston in 1996. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston Senior Citizens Clubs. Survivors include a son, Robert (Sali) Cleveland of Winter Haven, Fla.; five daughters, Patricia (Thomas) Larson of Minong, Wis., Mary (Eugene) Marburger of Rochester, Elaine Cleveland of St. Paul, Dianne (Wilbert) Robbins of Denver, Colo., and Linda (Ron) Means of Preston; 20 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters and two grandchildren. The funeral for Ruth E. Scheevel was September 30, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.