"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
- 8:54:16, Dec 8th 2016 - AMEN - Amen to that ... [Read More]
- 8:53:38, Dec 8th 2016 - Go Trump - To Doc, I use oil, so take my money for that. It is better than getting ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth E. Scheevel, 91, of Preston, an area farm homemaker, died Friday (Sept. 26, 2003) at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Ruth E. Collett was born May 6, 1912, near Harmony, and after graduating from Harmony High School in 1929 was a typesetter for the Harmony newspaper. In 1932 she married Robert H. Cleveland. He died in 1940. While living in Preston she worked at the White Gate Cafe. On Feb. 14, 1948, she married Vernon C. Scheevel at the Lutheran Church in Preston and they farmed near Preston. After his death in 1973, she continued to live on the farm until moving to Preston in 1996. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston Senior Citizens Clubs. Survivors include a son, Robert (Sali) Cleveland of Winter Haven, Fla.; five daughters, Patricia (Thomas) Larson of Minong, Wis., Mary (Eugene) Marburger of Rochester, Elaine Cleveland of St. Paul, Dianne (Wilbert) Robbins of Denver, Colo., and Linda (Ron) Means of Preston; 20 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters and two grandchildren. The funeral for Ruth E. Scheevel was September 30, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.