"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 31st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:21:09, Jul 29th 2016 - Hum - Boy, has harmony changed! It's not like that now! ... [Read More]
- 1:55:04, Jul 27th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "Where are you getting this stuff?" Where I told you before----" ... [Read More]
- 12:58:29, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- meant to type Carol Mosby in my last post. ... [Read More]
- 10:35:15, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- Mr. Trump never uttered the "all" when talking about any ethn ... [Read More]
- 8:39:21, Jul 27th 2016 - Middle Man - Trump leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully if elected he surrounds hims ... [Read More]
- 7:13:53, Jul 27th 2016 - Aunt Barb - I am so proud of you, Michael, working to make this world a more peaceful ... [Read More]
- 12:36:54, Jul 27th 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Where are you getting this stuff? One server for classified info a ... [Read More]
- 6:36:59, Jul 26th 2016 - What the ???? - @sv85 Where is this fact vs opinion stuff come from? Left luvr is mak ... [Read More]
- 2:34:51, Jul 26th 2016 - LOLZ - I think someone needs a dictionary or possibly his ears cleaned. 1) Misogyn ... [Read More]
- 1:46:43, Jul 26th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "I don't like Hillary because she is incompetent, that is a fact, ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth E. Scheevel, 91, of Preston, an area farm homemaker, died Friday (Sept. 26, 2003) at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Ruth E. Collett was born May 6, 1912, near Harmony, and after graduating from Harmony High School in 1929 was a typesetter for the Harmony newspaper. In 1932 she married Robert H. Cleveland. He died in 1940. While living in Preston she worked at the White Gate Cafe. On Feb. 14, 1948, she married Vernon C. Scheevel at the Lutheran Church in Preston and they farmed near Preston. After his death in 1973, she continued to live on the farm until moving to Preston in 1996. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston Senior Citizens Clubs. Survivors include a son, Robert (Sali) Cleveland of Winter Haven, Fla.; five daughters, Patricia (Thomas) Larson of Minong, Wis., Mary (Eugene) Marburger of Rochester, Elaine Cleveland of St. Paul, Dianne (Wilbert) Robbins of Denver, Colo., and Linda (Ron) Means of Preston; 20 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters and two grandchildren. The funeral for Ruth E. Scheevel was September 30, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.