"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth E. Scheevel, 91, of Preston, an area farm homemaker, died Friday (Sept. 26, 2003) at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Ruth E. Collett was born May 6, 1912, near Harmony, and after graduating from Harmony High School in 1929 was a typesetter for the Harmony newspaper. In 1932 she married Robert H. Cleveland. He died in 1940. While living in Preston she worked at the White Gate Cafe. On Feb. 14, 1948, she married Vernon C. Scheevel at the Lutheran Church in Preston and they farmed near Preston. After his death in 1973, she continued to live on the farm until moving to Preston in 1996. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and the Preston Senior Citizens Clubs. Survivors include a son, Robert (Sali) Cleveland of Winter Haven, Fla.; five daughters, Patricia (Thomas) Larson of Minong, Wis., Mary (Eugene) Marburger of Rochester, Elaine Cleveland of St. Paul, Dianne (Wilbert) Robbins of Denver, Colo., and Linda (Ron) Means of Preston; 20 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a son, two daughters and two grandchildren. The funeral for Ruth E. Scheevel was September 30, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Revs. James Rushton and Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.