"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Reed, 68, of Brownsville, formerly of Fillmore County, died September 28, 2003 at her home.
Verna M. Vande Zande was born Aug. 21, 1935, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County. On Nov. 2, 1960, she married Kenneth Reed in Spring Valley. She was a member of Zion Evangelical Church in Brownsville and enjoyed cooking, sewing and gardening. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Perry (Alison) of Ponca City, Okla., and Brian of Brownsville; a daughter, Deb (Jeff) Lind of Houston; four granddaughters; a sister, Elenor (Mert) Schlick of Preston; and a brother, Duane Vande Zande of Preston. A memorial service for Verna M. Reed was October 1, 2003 at Schumacher-Kish Funeral Home in La Crosse, Wis., with the Rev. Brian Cuda of Zion Evangelical Church in Brownsville officiating.