"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Reed, 68, of Brownsville, formerly of Fillmore County, died September 28, 2003 at her home.
Verna M. Vande Zande was born Aug. 21, 1935, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County. On Nov. 2, 1960, she married Kenneth Reed in Spring Valley. She was a member of Zion Evangelical Church in Brownsville and enjoyed cooking, sewing and gardening. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Perry (Alison) of Ponca City, Okla., and Brian of Brownsville; a daughter, Deb (Jeff) Lind of Houston; four granddaughters; a sister, Elenor (Mert) Schlick of Preston; and a brother, Duane Vande Zande of Preston. A memorial service for Verna M. Reed was October 1, 2003 at Schumacher-Kish Funeral Home in La Crosse, Wis., with the Rev. Brian Cuda of Zion Evangelical Church in Brownsville officiating.