"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oren Herbert Lanswerk, 91, of Spring Grove, a former farmer and car dealer, died September 29, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Born Aug. 25, 1912, in Spring Grove, he graduated from Spring Grove High School in 1930, attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and graduated from the University of Minnesota department of mortuary science. During World War II, he served in the Navy. He was a mortician in St. James, Minn., farmed in the Spring Grove area, owned the Oldsmobile dealership in Spring Grove from 1955 to 1970 and was a building utility maintenance engineer for Tweeten Hospital in Spring Grove. Mr. Lanswerk was a member of the Spring Grove American Legion, Caledonia Masonic Lodge and Spring Grove Commercial Club. Survivors include a son, Roger of Mabel; three daughters, JoAnn (Hans) Schaub of Minneapolis, Phyllis “Tootsie” Thorson of La Crescent, Minn., and Mary (Richard) Knudson of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Goldie T.I. Bottem on Oct. 28, 1992, and a brother. The funeral for Oren Herbert Lanswerk was October 6, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.