"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oren Herbert Lanswerk, 91, of Spring Grove, a former farmer and car dealer, died September 29, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Born Aug. 25, 1912, in Spring Grove, he graduated from Spring Grove High School in 1930, attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and graduated from the University of Minnesota department of mortuary science. During World War II, he served in the Navy. He was a mortician in St. James, Minn., farmed in the Spring Grove area, owned the Oldsmobile dealership in Spring Grove from 1955 to 1970 and was a building utility maintenance engineer for Tweeten Hospital in Spring Grove. Mr. Lanswerk was a member of the Spring Grove American Legion, Caledonia Masonic Lodge and Spring Grove Commercial Club. Survivors include a son, Roger of Mabel; three daughters, JoAnn (Hans) Schaub of Minneapolis, Phyllis “Tootsie” Thorson of La Crescent, Minn., and Mary (Richard) Knudson of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Goldie T.I. Bottem on Oct. 28, 1992, and a brother. The funeral for Oren Herbert Lanswerk was October 6, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.