"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oren Herbert Lanswerk, 91, of Spring Grove, a former farmer and car dealer, died September 29, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Born Aug. 25, 1912, in Spring Grove, he graduated from Spring Grove High School in 1930, attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and graduated from the University of Minnesota department of mortuary science. During World War II, he served in the Navy. He was a mortician in St. James, Minn., farmed in the Spring Grove area, owned the Oldsmobile dealership in Spring Grove from 1955 to 1970 and was a building utility maintenance engineer for Tweeten Hospital in Spring Grove. Mr. Lanswerk was a member of the Spring Grove American Legion, Caledonia Masonic Lodge and Spring Grove Commercial Club. Survivors include a son, Roger of Mabel; three daughters, JoAnn (Hans) Schaub of Minneapolis, Phyllis “Tootsie” Thorson of La Crescent, Minn., and Mary (Richard) Knudson of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Goldie T.I. Bottem on Oct. 28, 1992, and a brother. The funeral for Oren Herbert Lanswerk was October 6, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.