"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my voteđź‘Ť - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oren Herbert Lanswerk, 91, of Spring Grove, a former farmer and car dealer, died September 29, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Born Aug. 25, 1912, in Spring Grove, he graduated from Spring Grove High School in 1930, attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and graduated from the University of Minnesota department of mortuary science. During World War II, he served in the Navy. He was a mortician in St. James, Minn., farmed in the Spring Grove area, owned the Oldsmobile dealership in Spring Grove from 1955 to 1970 and was a building utility maintenance engineer for Tweeten Hospital in Spring Grove. Mr. Lanswerk was a member of the Spring Grove American Legion, Caledonia Masonic Lodge and Spring Grove Commercial Club. Survivors include a son, Roger of Mabel; three daughters, JoAnn (Hans) Schaub of Minneapolis, Phyllis “Tootsie” Thorson of La Crescent, Minn., and Mary (Richard) Knudson of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Goldie T.I. Bottem on Oct. 28, 1992, and a brother. The funeral for Oren Herbert Lanswerk was October 6, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.