"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oren Herbert Lanswerk, 91, of Spring Grove, a former farmer and car dealer, died September 29, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Born Aug. 25, 1912, in Spring Grove, he graduated from Spring Grove High School in 1930, attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, and graduated from the University of Minnesota department of mortuary science. During World War II, he served in the Navy. He was a mortician in St. James, Minn., farmed in the Spring Grove area, owned the Oldsmobile dealership in Spring Grove from 1955 to 1970 and was a building utility maintenance engineer for Tweeten Hospital in Spring Grove. Mr. Lanswerk was a member of the Spring Grove American Legion, Caledonia Masonic Lodge and Spring Grove Commercial Club. Survivors include a son, Roger of Mabel; three daughters, JoAnn (Hans) Schaub of Minneapolis, Phyllis “Tootsie” Thorson of La Crescent, Minn., and Mary (Richard) Knudson of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Goldie T.I. Bottem on Oct. 28, 1992, and a brother. The funeral for Oren Herbert Lanswerk was October 6, 2003 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Spring Grove. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.