"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Margarette 'Marge' Ebert, 91, of Preston, a former Fillmore County assistant veterans service officer, died September 27, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
Margarette Alice Peterson was born Jan. 11, 1912, in Rushford, graduated from Rushford High School and studied at Saint Marys School of nursing for two years. In 1940, she married Marshall Ebert, a retail hardware dealer from Preston, where they made their home. Mrs. Ebert was an assistant veterans service officer for 24 years. She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church, Christ Quilters, Preston Library Board and Preston Golf Club. Survivors include two daughters, Marsha (Phillip) and Patty Schafer; two granddaughters; and two great-grandsons. She was preceded in death by a grandson, a sister and a brother. A memorial service for Margarette “Marge” Ebert was October 2, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Rev. Jennifer Graf officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.