"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mavis G. Hellickson, 77, of LeRoy, formerly of Ostrander, Spring Valley and Harmony, died September 30, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Mavis Geneva Applen was born Sept. 13, 1926, in Fillmore County and attended Harmony schools. On April 22, 1946, she married Duwaine Hellickson at Zion Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Bennington Township, Mower County, for 15 years, in Spring Valley two years, in Ostrander 36 years and in LeRoy three years. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, and played the organ for weddings and social functions at the nursing home. Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Mary Lou Gilbert of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Vickie (Richard) Block of Elma, Iowa, Jenenne (Larry) Nielsen of Chester, Iowa, and Melanie Stafford of St. Charles; two sons, Steve of Ostrander and Brent (Roxanne) of Spring Valley; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Mavis G. Hellickson was October 3, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.