"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mavis G. Hellickson, 77, of LeRoy, formerly of Ostrander, Spring Valley and Harmony, died September 30, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Mavis Geneva Applen was born Sept. 13, 1926, in Fillmore County and attended Harmony schools. On April 22, 1946, she married Duwaine Hellickson at Zion Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Bennington Township, Mower County, for 15 years, in Spring Valley two years, in Ostrander 36 years and in LeRoy three years. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, and played the organ for weddings and social functions at the nursing home. Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Mary Lou Gilbert of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Vickie (Richard) Block of Elma, Iowa, Jenenne (Larry) Nielsen of Chester, Iowa, and Melanie Stafford of St. Charles; two sons, Steve of Ostrander and Brent (Roxanne) of Spring Valley; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Mavis G. Hellickson was October 3, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.