"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mavis G. Hellickson, 77, of LeRoy, formerly of Ostrander, Spring Valley and Harmony, died September 30, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Mavis Geneva Applen was born Sept. 13, 1926, in Fillmore County and attended Harmony schools. On April 22, 1946, she married Duwaine Hellickson at Zion Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Bennington Township, Mower County, for 15 years, in Spring Valley two years, in Ostrander 36 years and in LeRoy three years. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, and played the organ for weddings and social functions at the nursing home. Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Mary Lou Gilbert of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Vickie (Richard) Block of Elma, Iowa, Jenenne (Larry) Nielsen of Chester, Iowa, and Melanie Stafford of St. Charles; two sons, Steve of Ostrander and Brent (Roxanne) of Spring Valley; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Mavis G. Hellickson was October 3, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.