"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mavis G. Hellickson, 77, of LeRoy, formerly of Ostrander, Spring Valley and Harmony, died September 30, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Mavis Geneva Applen was born Sept. 13, 1926, in Fillmore County and attended Harmony schools. On April 22, 1946, she married Duwaine Hellickson at Zion Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Bennington Township, Mower County, for 15 years, in Spring Valley two years, in Ostrander 36 years and in LeRoy three years. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, and played the organ for weddings and social functions at the nursing home. Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Mary Lou Gilbert of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Vickie (Richard) Block of Elma, Iowa, Jenenne (Larry) Nielsen of Chester, Iowa, and Melanie Stafford of St. Charles; two sons, Steve of Ostrander and Brent (Roxanne) of Spring Valley; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Mavis G. Hellickson was October 3, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.