"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:41:53, Oct 13th 2015 - Youth - Why not use the money to build something the kids can do, seeing there is not ... [Read More]
- 3:34:09, Oct 12th 2015 - Stupid is as stupid does - I wonder what kind of crooked deal the Village and the cit ... [Read More]
- 11:53:06, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Peggy, you are so far out in left field we would need a telescope to see ... [Read More]
- 11:43:25, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Jason, the conclusion of your article is right on. Since " Muslim" refer ... [Read More]
- 11:41:59, Oct 12th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Jason, the conclusion of your article is right on. Since " Muslim" refer ... [Read More]
- 9:42:53, Oct 12th 2015 - Wykoff - I will be moving my child to Chatfield next year. They might as well switch ... [Read More]
- 6:37:19, Oct 12th 2015 - Huh - Harmony enterprise, doesn't have enough money. Lmfao! Have you seen the owners ... [Read More]
- 6:32:47, Oct 12th 2015 - Withya - And the parents act like little kids. They r so disrespectful, and they als ... [Read More]
- 11:12:02, Oct 10th 2015 - Paul Little - Recently a friend challenged me to research what I am told on-line and ... [Read More]
- 10:29:32, Oct 9th 2015 - Mrs. Eyes & Ears - I think that Fountain should change their slogan from "Sinkhole Ca ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mavis G. Hellickson, 77, of LeRoy, formerly of Ostrander, Spring Valley and Harmony, died September 30, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Mavis Geneva Applen was born Sept. 13, 1926, in Fillmore County and attended Harmony schools. On April 22, 1946, she married Duwaine Hellickson at Zion Lutheran Church in Spring Valley. They lived in Bennington Township, Mower County, for 15 years, in Spring Valley two years, in Ostrander 36 years and in LeRoy three years. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, and played the organ for weddings and social functions at the nursing home. Survivors include her husband; four daughters, Mary Lou Gilbert of Brooklyn Park, Minn., Vickie (Richard) Block of Elma, Iowa, Jenenne (Larry) Nielsen of Chester, Iowa, and Melanie Stafford of St. Charles; two sons, Steve of Ostrander and Brent (Roxanne) of Spring Valley; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren, a brother and a sister. The funeral for Mavis G. Hellickson was October 3, 2003 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Nancy Solomonson officiating. Burial was in Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.