"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna P. Borgen died October 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield where she resided for one month.
Edna Dahl was born April 28, 1913, in rural Pilot Mound, Fillmore County. She married Elmer Borgen on Nov. 19, 1931, in the North Prairie Lutheran Church parsonage in rural Lanesboro. He preceded her in death on Nov. 4, 1985. She lived in Pilot Mound before moving to Chatfield in 1984 and managed the Lakewood Apartments in Chatfield from 1984 to 2000 and was a homemaker. She was a member of the Pilot Mound Lutheran Church until joining the Chatfield Lutheran Church in 1974. She was a member of the Deborah Circle and was vice president of W.E.L.C.A and former member of the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro. Surviving are two sons, Howard (Barbara) of Rochester and Palmer (Audrey) of Chatfield; six daughters, Marian (Syd) Phelps of Spear Fish, S.D., Eva (Nado) Bernard of Stewartville, Phyllis (Al) Blazing of Rochester, Donna (John) Gingras of Fountain, Ruth (Wayne) McColley of Dodge Center and Linda (Stan) Scott of Rochester; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; one brother, Raymond Dahl of Lake City. She was preceded in death by two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Edna P. Borgen, 90, of Chatfield, was October 8, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand, officiating. Burial was in the Pilot Mound Lutheran Cemetery in Pilot Mound. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.