"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, February 8th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
- 12:45:22, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out fo ... [Read More]
- 12:37:07, Feb 8th 2016 - understanding - It is easy for someone to say yes! Especially when they are on the re ... [Read More]
- 7:41:46, Feb 7th 2016 - DeerHunterguy - @Terbeest Calling someone who supports Obama like "a follower of Nazi ... [Read More]
- 6:58:19, Feb 7th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Another angry, rambling rant from a bitter right wingnut. Who is this guy? ... [Read More]
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
- 12:16:49, Feb 6th 2016 - EagleGolfer - @Mr. Terbeest Oh, yeah, I get it. All those Chicago gang killings ov ... [Read More]
- 11:38:29, Feb 6th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 Okay, I got it. You never have written a signed commentary to the ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna P. Borgen died October 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield where she resided for one month.
Edna Dahl was born April 28, 1913, in rural Pilot Mound, Fillmore County. She married Elmer Borgen on Nov. 19, 1931, in the North Prairie Lutheran Church parsonage in rural Lanesboro. He preceded her in death on Nov. 4, 1985. She lived in Pilot Mound before moving to Chatfield in 1984 and managed the Lakewood Apartments in Chatfield from 1984 to 2000 and was a homemaker. She was a member of the Pilot Mound Lutheran Church until joining the Chatfield Lutheran Church in 1974. She was a member of the Deborah Circle and was vice president of W.E.L.C.A and former member of the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro. Surviving are two sons, Howard (Barbara) of Rochester and Palmer (Audrey) of Chatfield; six daughters, Marian (Syd) Phelps of Spear Fish, S.D., Eva (Nado) Bernard of Stewartville, Phyllis (Al) Blazing of Rochester, Donna (John) Gingras of Fountain, Ruth (Wayne) McColley of Dodge Center and Linda (Stan) Scott of Rochester; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; one brother, Raymond Dahl of Lake City. She was preceded in death by two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Edna P. Borgen, 90, of Chatfield, was October 8, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand, officiating. Burial was in the Pilot Mound Lutheran Cemetery in Pilot Mound. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.