"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:25:31, Jun 29th 2016 - Paul Little - Thanks for the input Derek. I was going to respond and but you said it ... [Read More]
- 12:04:41, Jun 29th 2016 - Derek Stevens - @Redhorse51: Seems to me you are the hypocrite, to berate someone on ... [Read More]
- 2:18:50, Jun 27th 2016 - PLEASE - PLEASE Kingsland district, take a look at what this commentary points and ou ... [Read More]
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 10th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna P. Borgen died October 4, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield where she resided for one month.
Edna Dahl was born April 28, 1913, in rural Pilot Mound, Fillmore County. She married Elmer Borgen on Nov. 19, 1931, in the North Prairie Lutheran Church parsonage in rural Lanesboro. He preceded her in death on Nov. 4, 1985. She lived in Pilot Mound before moving to Chatfield in 1984 and managed the Lakewood Apartments in Chatfield from 1984 to 2000 and was a homemaker. She was a member of the Pilot Mound Lutheran Church until joining the Chatfield Lutheran Church in 1974. She was a member of the Deborah Circle and was vice president of W.E.L.C.A and former member of the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro. Surviving are two sons, Howard (Barbara) of Rochester and Palmer (Audrey) of Chatfield; six daughters, Marian (Syd) Phelps of Spear Fish, S.D., Eva (Nado) Bernard of Stewartville, Phyllis (Al) Blazing of Rochester, Donna (John) Gingras of Fountain, Ruth (Wayne) McColley of Dodge Center and Linda (Stan) Scott of Rochester; 23 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; one brother, Raymond Dahl of Lake City. She was preceded in death by two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Edna P. Borgen, 90, of Chatfield, was October 8, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, with the Revs. Eric and Christine Finsand, officiating. Burial was in the Pilot Mound Lutheran Cemetery in Pilot Mound. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.