"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Orval R. Olness, 80, of rural Chatfield, died October 8, 2003 at the Veteran's Hospital in St. Cloud, Minn.
He was born Aug. 12, 1923, in Chatfield. During World War II, he served in the South Pacific. He lived most of his life in rural Chatfield. He married Marian Jones. She died Oct. 21, 2000. Mr. Olness was a farmer, worked for Gopher Aviation in Rochester, was owner of Pilot Mound Garage, and was a boiler engineer at Rochester Dairy. Survivors include one daughter, Kay Ulring of Las Vegas; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one brother, Ron (Judy) of Rochester. The funeral for Orval R. Olness was October 13, 2003 at Pilot Mound Lutheran Church, with the Revs. Ronald and Janet Warnes co-officiating. Burial was in Pilot Mound Lutheran Cemetary. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.