"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Orval R. Olness, 80, of rural Chatfield, died October 8, 2003 at the Veteran's Hospital in St. Cloud, Minn.
He was born Aug. 12, 1923, in Chatfield. During World War II, he served in the South Pacific. He lived most of his life in rural Chatfield. He married Marian Jones. She died Oct. 21, 2000. Mr. Olness was a farmer, worked for Gopher Aviation in Rochester, was owner of Pilot Mound Garage, and was a boiler engineer at Rochester Dairy. Survivors include one daughter, Kay Ulring of Las Vegas; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one brother, Ron (Judy) of Rochester. The funeral for Orval R. Olness was October 13, 2003 at Pilot Mound Lutheran Church, with the Revs. Ronald and Janet Warnes co-officiating. Burial was in Pilot Mound Lutheran Cemetary. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.