"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon L. Peterson, 79, of Lanesboro, president of Peterson Motors Ford & Mercury in Lanesboro and Spring Valley, died October 8, 2003 in Spring Valley Care Center after a lengthy illness.
He was born Aug. 6, 1924, and attended Benson School and Lanesboro High School until going to work to help save the family farm. He worked for Eustermann Ford in Lewiston as a salesman until starting Peterson Motors in Lanesboro and in 1968 Peterson Motors in Spring Valley. He served on the boards of Bethlehem Church, Lanesboro Fire Department for 21 years, Lanesboro Industries, Lanesboro Housing Develop-ment and Lanesboro Golf Course. He also revived the Lanesboro Drug Store in 1968. He was a representative on the Minnesota Automobile Dealers Association. He married Dolores L. Peterson on Sept. 21, 1945, in Highland Prairie, rural Peterson. Surviving are his wife; a son, Wes (Jan) Peterson of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Berland and Alice (Lynn) Iverson, both of Lanesboro. He was preceded in death by a son, three sisters and three brothers. The funeral for Gordon L. Peterson was October 11, 2003 in Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.