"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon L. Peterson, 79, of Lanesboro, president of Peterson Motors Ford & Mercury in Lanesboro and Spring Valley, died October 8, 2003 in Spring Valley Care Center after a lengthy illness.
He was born Aug. 6, 1924, and attended Benson School and Lanesboro High School until going to work to help save the family farm. He worked for Eustermann Ford in Lewiston as a salesman until starting Peterson Motors in Lanesboro and in 1968 Peterson Motors in Spring Valley. He served on the boards of Bethlehem Church, Lanesboro Fire Department for 21 years, Lanesboro Industries, Lanesboro Housing Develop-ment and Lanesboro Golf Course. He also revived the Lanesboro Drug Store in 1968. He was a representative on the Minnesota Automobile Dealers Association. He married Dolores L. Peterson on Sept. 21, 1945, in Highland Prairie, rural Peterson. Surviving are his wife; a son, Wes (Jan) Peterson of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Berland and Alice (Lynn) Iverson, both of Lanesboro. He was preceded in death by a son, three sisters and three brothers. The funeral for Gordon L. Peterson was October 11, 2003 in Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.