"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gordon L. Peterson, 79, of Lanesboro, president of Peterson Motors Ford & Mercury in Lanesboro and Spring Valley, died October 8, 2003 in Spring Valley Care Center after a lengthy illness.
He was born Aug. 6, 1924, and attended Benson School and Lanesboro High School until going to work to help save the family farm. He worked for Eustermann Ford in Lewiston as a salesman until starting Peterson Motors in Lanesboro and in 1968 Peterson Motors in Spring Valley. He served on the boards of Bethlehem Church, Lanesboro Fire Department for 21 years, Lanesboro Industries, Lanesboro Housing Develop-ment and Lanesboro Golf Course. He also revived the Lanesboro Drug Store in 1968. He was a representative on the Minnesota Automobile Dealers Association. He married Dolores L. Peterson on Sept. 21, 1945, in Highland Prairie, rural Peterson. Surviving are his wife; a son, Wes (Jan) Peterson of Spring Valley; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Dorothy Berland and Alice (Lynn) Iverson, both of Lanesboro. He was preceded in death by a son, three sisters and three brothers. The funeral for Gordon L. Peterson was October 11, 2003 in Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Kerry Eversole officiating. Burial was in Lanesboro Cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.