"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 9th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
- 8:54:16, Dec 8th 2016 - AMEN - Amen to that ... [Read More]
- 8:53:38, Dec 8th 2016 - Go Trump - To Doc, I use oil, so take my money for that. It is better than getting ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oscar C. Berg, 89, of Ostrander, formerly of Cresco, died October 9, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born May 8, 1914, in rural Goodrich, Minn, the son of Ferdinand and Henrietta (Arness) Berg. On April 12, 1940, he married Viola Henderson in Chester. Mr. Berg farmed in rural Ostrander for more than 40 years and worked for S&G Construction in Cresco for several years, retiring in 1982. He was an active member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, where he served as an usher. He was a member of the school and town boards for Beaver Township near Ostrander for several years. Survivors include his wife, Viola Berg of Ostrander; one daughter, Barbara (Steve) Ludemann of Heron Lake, Minn.; two sons, Darrell (Shirley) of Ostrander, and Richard (Lois) of Eau Claire, Wis; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Harlan (Bessie) and Milford (Hazel), both of Ostrander. The funeral for Oscar C. Berg was October 13, 2003 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Cresco, Iowa. Burial was in Ostrander Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco was in charge of arrangements.