"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Oscar C. Berg, 89, of Ostrander, formerly of Cresco, died October 9, 2003 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born May 8, 1914, in rural Goodrich, Minn, the son of Ferdinand and Henrietta (Arness) Berg. On April 12, 1940, he married Viola Henderson in Chester. Mr. Berg farmed in rural Ostrander for more than 40 years and worked for S&G Construction in Cresco for several years, retiring in 1982. He was an active member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, where he served as an usher. He was a member of the school and town boards for Beaver Township near Ostrander for several years. Survivors include his wife, Viola Berg of Ostrander; one daughter, Barbara (Steve) Ludemann of Heron Lake, Minn.; two sons, Darrell (Shirley) of Ostrander, and Richard (Lois) of Eau Claire, Wis; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Harlan (Bessie) and Milford (Hazel), both of Ostrander. The funeral for Oscar C. Berg was October 13, 2003 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Cresco, Iowa. Burial was in Ostrander Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Cresco was in charge of arrangements.