"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
- 3:20:36, May 1st 2015 - - To herb, You can turn it around however you want, whatever makes you feel bette ... [Read More]
- 2:48:41, May 1st 2015 - Herb - To Hawkeye63: I wonder if you have any idea how wacky, exaggerated, extremist, ... [Read More]
- 2:22:23, May 1st 2015 - VikeFan 1 - To Kim Wenworth: What? You don't know what people are referring to in e ... [Read More]
- 1:54:39, May 1st 2015 - Herb - To Says: You said I switched from "the ammo is armor piercing" to "the ammo ... [Read More]
- 9:40:56, May 1st 2015 - LOLZ - Boozers are losers. ... [Read More]
- 9:20:46, May 1st 2015 - To Herb - This is what you said. "The ammo he is referring to is armor- piercing am ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 6th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
A couple of weekends ago, I and my family made another trip to Harmony for a fantastic lunch. The nice thing about Harmony is that there are so many great options.
In my last review, I touched on the heavenly 'real bites' of the world famous Harmony House Restaurant. This review will be dedicated to a restaurant recognized for outstanding pizza. While I love pizza, possibly considered one of my four food groups, I wanted to walk on the wild side and try something different.
So, I ordered up the Oriental Wrap, as did my wife.
Often times, we will each order different items on the menu, making sure we don't order the same thing, so we can have a taste test of multiple items on the menu.
In this particular situation, neither of us cared about making a "food swap." We weren't in the sharing mood.
While the food was on its way, I remembered our daughter, Olivia, talking about the "town" of Harmony. Some time ago, while we were walking back home from downtown Fountain, Olivia said Fountain was a town and Rochester was a city. I asked her why she thought Fountain was not a city. She said Fountain was too small to be a city. I still don't know what the population threshold is for a town to become a city, but I'm sure Olivia knows.
Probably one of the best things about forcing myself to write this column every week is that it usually involves a family dinner. And, I think having a sit-down family dinner is important for mom, dad and the kids.
"How was your day? What did you do today? What did you learn today?" Dinner time conversations have been taking place forever, but it seems our busy lives continue to pull us in too many directions. I am guilty of that, as well.
Dinner with my family makes me slow down, put the cell phone away, stop checking my e-mail, and focus on the most important people in my life.
Thanks to the Village Sqaure Restaurant in Harmony for great food, great service, and great family conversations.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.