"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Apr 6th, 2012
Posted in All Real Bites
Posted in All Real Bites
A couple of weekends ago, I and my family made another trip to Harmony for a fantastic lunch. The nice thing about Harmony is that there are so many great options.
In my last review, I touched on the heavenly 'real bites' of the world famous Harmony House Restaurant. This review will be dedicated to a restaurant recognized for outstanding pizza. While I love pizza, possibly considered one of my four food groups, I wanted to walk on the wild side and try something different.
So, I ordered up the Oriental Wrap, as did my wife.
Often times, we will each order different items on the menu, making sure we don't order the same thing, so we can have a taste test of multiple items on the menu.
In this particular situation, neither of us cared about making a "food swap." We weren't in the sharing mood.
While the food was on its way, I remembered our daughter, Olivia, talking about the "town" of Harmony. Some time ago, while we were walking back home from downtown Fountain, Olivia said Fountain was a town and Rochester was a city. I asked her why she thought Fountain was not a city. She said Fountain was too small to be a city. I still don't know what the population threshold is for a town to become a city, but I'm sure Olivia knows.
Probably one of the best things about forcing myself to write this column every week is that it usually involves a family dinner. And, I think having a sit-down family dinner is important for mom, dad and the kids.
"How was your day? What did you do today? What did you learn today?" Dinner time conversations have been taking place forever, but it seems our busy lives continue to pull us in too many directions. I am guilty of that, as well.
Dinner with my family makes me slow down, put the cell phone away, stop checking my e-mail, and focus on the most important people in my life.
Thanks to the Village Sqaure Restaurant in Harmony for great food, great service, and great family conversations.
I feel fortunate to live in an area where we have absolutely no corporate-owned restaurants. Every restaurant in our area is family owned and operated. Every dining establishment in the area provides something unique from the ambiance to the tasty bites that keep us coming back for more. We have a great selection of restaurants right here in our own backyard, and I plan on sharing my dining experiences from one town to the next.
Look for this feature every week in the Fillmore County Journal, along with online under the Real Bites section.