"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald Albert Tollefson, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Mabel, died on October 21, 2003 at the Charter House in Rochester.
Donald Albert Tollefson was born in Mabel on September 1, 1910 to Adolph and Grace (Jones) Tollefson. He attended the Mabel Public School from which he graduated in 1927 as the valedictorian of the class. He then attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis where he belonged to the Chi Delta Xi fraternity. After Don's graduation from the University in 1931, he attended Harvard Business School graduating with an MBA in 1933. On August 24, 1933, he married Virginia Ruden Childs. After their marriage, Don and Virginia lived in St. Paul where he worked for the Federal Land Bank. In 1936, they moved to Mabel where Don was an officer and a director in the family bank, the First National Bank of Mabel until it was sold in 1980 when he retired. Don enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He served as a Lieutenant aboard the U.S.S. San Francisco, a heavy cruiser, in the Pacific Theater from 1943 until 1945. He served on the Mabel School Board and was the first president of the Mabel Community Chest. He belonged to the Mabel United Methodist Church, the Lions Club, the American Legion and the VFW. Donald Tollefson is survived by three daughters, Susan (David) Wilson of Warwick, RI, Nancy (Richard) Gunther of Swansea, MA, and Betsey (Jimmy) Nichols of Mabel; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and brother-in-law, Henry and Martha Councilman of Proctor. He was preceded in death by his wife Virginia in 1999, a sister, a brother, a sister who died in infancy, and a grandson. Memorial services were held on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with Pastor Jeanne Martin officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of the arrangements.