"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald Albert Tollefson, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Mabel, died on October 21, 2003 at the Charter House in Rochester.
Donald Albert Tollefson was born in Mabel on September 1, 1910 to Adolph and Grace (Jones) Tollefson. He attended the Mabel Public School from which he graduated in 1927 as the valedictorian of the class. He then attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis where he belonged to the Chi Delta Xi fraternity. After Don's graduation from the University in 1931, he attended Harvard Business School graduating with an MBA in 1933. On August 24, 1933, he married Virginia Ruden Childs. After their marriage, Don and Virginia lived in St. Paul where he worked for the Federal Land Bank. In 1936, they moved to Mabel where Don was an officer and a director in the family bank, the First National Bank of Mabel until it was sold in 1980 when he retired. Don enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He served as a Lieutenant aboard the U.S.S. San Francisco, a heavy cruiser, in the Pacific Theater from 1943 until 1945. He served on the Mabel School Board and was the first president of the Mabel Community Chest. He belonged to the Mabel United Methodist Church, the Lions Club, the American Legion and the VFW. Donald Tollefson is survived by three daughters, Susan (David) Wilson of Warwick, RI, Nancy (Richard) Gunther of Swansea, MA, and Betsey (Jimmy) Nichols of Mabel; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and brother-in-law, Henry and Martha Councilman of Proctor. He was preceded in death by his wife Virginia in 1999, a sister, a brother, a sister who died in infancy, and a grandson. Memorial services were held on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with Pastor Jeanne Martin officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of the arrangements.