"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:59:03, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - A couple of things if I may. The first paragraph states that if ... [Read More]
- 10:35:10, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @future- not sure what polls you refer to, some polls actually show ... [Read More]
- 9:22:11, Aug 25th 2016 - future - "Both, party officials and "former" establishment members, republicans, were ... [Read More]
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald Albert Tollefson, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Mabel, died on October 21, 2003 at the Charter House in Rochester.
Donald Albert Tollefson was born in Mabel on September 1, 1910 to Adolph and Grace (Jones) Tollefson. He attended the Mabel Public School from which he graduated in 1927 as the valedictorian of the class. He then attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis where he belonged to the Chi Delta Xi fraternity. After Don's graduation from the University in 1931, he attended Harvard Business School graduating with an MBA in 1933. On August 24, 1933, he married Virginia Ruden Childs. After their marriage, Don and Virginia lived in St. Paul where he worked for the Federal Land Bank. In 1936, they moved to Mabel where Don was an officer and a director in the family bank, the First National Bank of Mabel until it was sold in 1980 when he retired. Don enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He served as a Lieutenant aboard the U.S.S. San Francisco, a heavy cruiser, in the Pacific Theater from 1943 until 1945. He served on the Mabel School Board and was the first president of the Mabel Community Chest. He belonged to the Mabel United Methodist Church, the Lions Club, the American Legion and the VFW. Donald Tollefson is survived by three daughters, Susan (David) Wilson of Warwick, RI, Nancy (Richard) Gunther of Swansea, MA, and Betsey (Jimmy) Nichols of Mabel; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and brother-in-law, Henry and Martha Councilman of Proctor. He was preceded in death by his wife Virginia in 1999, a sister, a brother, a sister who died in infancy, and a grandson. Memorial services were held on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with Pastor Jeanne Martin officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of the arrangements.