"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, June 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:54:18, Jun 25th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Yes Ann, we all know that Sharon Roppes was instrumental in the Veteran ... [Read More]
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
- 2:31:21, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Re: Palacek. He can not develop without a public road. His easement is ... [Read More]
- 1:15:13, Jun 22nd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - An old building that can be replaced at 50 cents on the dollar? Su ... [Read More]
- 7:28:50, Jun 22nd 2016 - doc - The GOP's war on education is a continuing success. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald Albert Tollefson, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Mabel, died on October 21, 2003 at the Charter House in Rochester.
Donald Albert Tollefson was born in Mabel on September 1, 1910 to Adolph and Grace (Jones) Tollefson. He attended the Mabel Public School from which he graduated in 1927 as the valedictorian of the class. He then attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis where he belonged to the Chi Delta Xi fraternity. After Don's graduation from the University in 1931, he attended Harvard Business School graduating with an MBA in 1933. On August 24, 1933, he married Virginia Ruden Childs. After their marriage, Don and Virginia lived in St. Paul where he worked for the Federal Land Bank. In 1936, they moved to Mabel where Don was an officer and a director in the family bank, the First National Bank of Mabel until it was sold in 1980 when he retired. Don enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He served as a Lieutenant aboard the U.S.S. San Francisco, a heavy cruiser, in the Pacific Theater from 1943 until 1945. He served on the Mabel School Board and was the first president of the Mabel Community Chest. He belonged to the Mabel United Methodist Church, the Lions Club, the American Legion and the VFW. Donald Tollefson is survived by three daughters, Susan (David) Wilson of Warwick, RI, Nancy (Richard) Gunther of Swansea, MA, and Betsey (Jimmy) Nichols of Mabel; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and brother-in-law, Henry and Martha Councilman of Proctor. He was preceded in death by his wife Virginia in 1999, a sister, a brother, a sister who died in infancy, and a grandson. Memorial services were held on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with Pastor Jeanne Martin officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of the arrangements.