"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald Albert Tollefson, 93, of Rochester, and formerly of Mabel, died on October 21, 2003 at the Charter House in Rochester.
Donald Albert Tollefson was born in Mabel on September 1, 1910 to Adolph and Grace (Jones) Tollefson. He attended the Mabel Public School from which he graduated in 1927 as the valedictorian of the class. He then attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis where he belonged to the Chi Delta Xi fraternity. After Don's graduation from the University in 1931, he attended Harvard Business School graduating with an MBA in 1933. On August 24, 1933, he married Virginia Ruden Childs. After their marriage, Don and Virginia lived in St. Paul where he worked for the Federal Land Bank. In 1936, they moved to Mabel where Don was an officer and a director in the family bank, the First National Bank of Mabel until it was sold in 1980 when he retired. Don enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He served as a Lieutenant aboard the U.S.S. San Francisco, a heavy cruiser, in the Pacific Theater from 1943 until 1945. He served on the Mabel School Board and was the first president of the Mabel Community Chest. He belonged to the Mabel United Methodist Church, the Lions Club, the American Legion and the VFW. Donald Tollefson is survived by three daughters, Susan (David) Wilson of Warwick, RI, Nancy (Richard) Gunther of Swansea, MA, and Betsey (Jimmy) Nichols of Mabel; eight grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and brother-in-law, Henry and Martha Councilman of Proctor. He was preceded in death by his wife Virginia in 1999, a sister, a brother, a sister who died in infancy, and a grandson. Memorial services were held on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with Pastor Jeanne Martin officiating. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of the arrangements.