"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:00:37, May 31st 2016 - lolz - As usual, the most vocal are also the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 9:21:18, May 30th 2016 - Laughing out loud - To me this sounds like something the school and the grimsrud's co ... [Read More]
- 8:45:45, May 29th 2016 - Paul - Kim, Why do my arguments fall short? Why is the EPA so evil and more important ... [Read More]
- 4:59:09, May 29th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Not the Journals responsibility, but I sure would like to know the whole ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jo Peterson, 63, of rural Mabel, died October 18, 2003 at her home following a three-year illness with cancer.
Jo Collins was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Wichita Falls, Texas, grew up in the Valley View and Petrolia, Texas, areas, graduated from Valley View High School and received a degree in nursing from Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Merle Ardell Peterson in Wichita Falls. The couple made their home in the Mabel area. Mrs. Peterson worked at the Caledonia Hospital for two years and then for 35 years at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, where she was the second nurse hired after the home opened. She was a member of Garness Trinity Lutheran Church and served as president of its WELCA for many years. She was a member and served on the regional board of Sweet Adelines International, was a member of Starlite Sound Chorus and sang baritone in the Clarion Sound Quartet. She was a member of many community organizations, including the VFW Auxiliary, Fillmore and Houston County Community Health Board, SEMCAC board and Minnesota Rural Mail Carriers Auxiliary. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell (Kayla) of Albert Lea and Jeffrey of Winona; and her twin sister, Charlsie Jan(Larry) Edwards of New Caney, Texas. The funeral for Jo Peterson was October 23, 2003 at Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.