"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jo Peterson, 63, of rural Mabel, died October 18, 2003 at her home following a three-year illness with cancer.
Jo Collins was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Wichita Falls, Texas, grew up in the Valley View and Petrolia, Texas, areas, graduated from Valley View High School and received a degree in nursing from Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Merle Ardell Peterson in Wichita Falls. The couple made their home in the Mabel area. Mrs. Peterson worked at the Caledonia Hospital for two years and then for 35 years at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, where she was the second nurse hired after the home opened. She was a member of Garness Trinity Lutheran Church and served as president of its WELCA for many years. She was a member and served on the regional board of Sweet Adelines International, was a member of Starlite Sound Chorus and sang baritone in the Clarion Sound Quartet. She was a member of many community organizations, including the VFW Auxiliary, Fillmore and Houston County Community Health Board, SEMCAC board and Minnesota Rural Mail Carriers Auxiliary. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell (Kayla) of Albert Lea and Jeffrey of Winona; and her twin sister, Charlsie Jan(Larry) Edwards of New Caney, Texas. The funeral for Jo Peterson was October 23, 2003 at Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.