"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:02:04, Sep 4th 2015 - sack attack - LOL ... [Read More]
- 12:41:09, Sep 4th 2015 - - Lol, she lost ... [Read More]
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jo Peterson, 63, of rural Mabel, died October 18, 2003 at her home following a three-year illness with cancer.
Jo Collins was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Wichita Falls, Texas, grew up in the Valley View and Petrolia, Texas, areas, graduated from Valley View High School and received a degree in nursing from Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Merle Ardell Peterson in Wichita Falls. The couple made their home in the Mabel area. Mrs. Peterson worked at the Caledonia Hospital for two years and then for 35 years at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, where she was the second nurse hired after the home opened. She was a member of Garness Trinity Lutheran Church and served as president of its WELCA for many years. She was a member and served on the regional board of Sweet Adelines International, was a member of Starlite Sound Chorus and sang baritone in the Clarion Sound Quartet. She was a member of many community organizations, including the VFW Auxiliary, Fillmore and Houston County Community Health Board, SEMCAC board and Minnesota Rural Mail Carriers Auxiliary. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell (Kayla) of Albert Lea and Jeffrey of Winona; and her twin sister, Charlsie Jan(Larry) Edwards of New Caney, Texas. The funeral for Jo Peterson was October 23, 2003 at Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.