"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jo Peterson, 63, of rural Mabel, died October 18, 2003 at her home following a three-year illness with cancer.
Jo Collins was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Wichita Falls, Texas, grew up in the Valley View and Petrolia, Texas, areas, graduated from Valley View High School and received a degree in nursing from Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Merle Ardell Peterson in Wichita Falls. The couple made their home in the Mabel area. Mrs. Peterson worked at the Caledonia Hospital for two years and then for 35 years at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, where she was the second nurse hired after the home opened. She was a member of Garness Trinity Lutheran Church and served as president of its WELCA for many years. She was a member and served on the regional board of Sweet Adelines International, was a member of Starlite Sound Chorus and sang baritone in the Clarion Sound Quartet. She was a member of many community organizations, including the VFW Auxiliary, Fillmore and Houston County Community Health Board, SEMCAC board and Minnesota Rural Mail Carriers Auxiliary. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell (Kayla) of Albert Lea and Jeffrey of Winona; and her twin sister, Charlsie Jan(Larry) Edwards of New Caney, Texas. The funeral for Jo Peterson was October 23, 2003 at Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.