"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Jo Peterson, 63, of rural Mabel, died October 18, 2003 at her home following a three-year illness with cancer.
Jo Collins was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Wichita Falls, Texas, grew up in the Valley View and Petrolia, Texas, areas, graduated from Valley View High School and received a degree in nursing from Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. On Sept. 24, 1960, she married Merle Ardell Peterson in Wichita Falls. The couple made their home in the Mabel area. Mrs. Peterson worked at the Caledonia Hospital for two years and then for 35 years at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel, where she was the second nurse hired after the home opened. She was a member of Garness Trinity Lutheran Church and served as president of its WELCA for many years. She was a member and served on the regional board of Sweet Adelines International, was a member of Starlite Sound Chorus and sang baritone in the Clarion Sound Quartet. She was a member of many community organizations, including the VFW Auxiliary, Fillmore and Houston County Community Health Board, SEMCAC board and Minnesota Rural Mail Carriers Auxiliary. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Russell (Kayla) of Albert Lea and Jeffrey of Winona; and her twin sister, Charlsie Jan(Larry) Edwards of New Caney, Texas. The funeral for Jo Peterson was October 23, 2003 at Garness Trinity Lutheran Church in rural Mabel, with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.