"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:54:07, May 6th 2015 - laurie - Kim Wentworth. I did not know you're political side. Bravo! Hope you're well ... [Read More]
- 2:25:58, May 6th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a short response: paragraph 8- a belief in a system where th ... [Read More]
- 11:17:41, May 6th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Herb, waiting for your response. You seem so knowledgeable on the gun con ... [Read More]
- 9:30:33, May 5th 2015 - FountainFarmer - what? you can direct your questions towards Sgt. Christianson at the ... [Read More]
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irvin Ingvalson, 86, of Spring Grove, died October 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
He was born July 6, 1917, in rural Mabel. He graduated from Mabel High School in 1935 and married Bessie Myhre on Dec. 10, 1938, in rural Spring Grove. She died Jan. 19, 1996. He lived in Decorah, Iowa, for a short time, where he sold Watkins products and farmed in rural Wilmington until his retirement. He was a Boy Scout and 4-H leader and a member of the Houston County Extension Committee. He was a member of the Southeastern Minnesota Guernsey Association, the Northeast Farm Service, Houston County Farm Bureau, serving as president, and initiated the emergency fire call system in Houston County. After retiring, he was a member of the Spring Grove School Board, Houston County Zoning Committee and Spring Grove Co-op Telephone Co. He was active in the Spring Grove Lions Club, the county GOP, and Pitchfork and Shovel Society. He was a member of Wilmington Lutheran Church and a former member of the Highland Lutheran Church of Decorah. He served as Wilmington Lutheran school superintendent, Sunday school teacher, member of the church council and cemetery sexton. Survivors include a son, Don (Greta) of Caledonia; a daughter, Catherine Ingvalson of Winona; three grandchildren; two brothers, Ingolf (Sarah Mae) of Sun City, Ariz., and Harlan (Joan) of Caledonia; and a sister, Marie Linderbaum of Ossian, Iowa. He was also preceded in death by a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Irvin Ingvalson was October 19, 2003 at Wilmington Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, with the Rev. Elizabeth K. Stempinski officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.