"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 4th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:11:54, Oct 3rd 2015 - Cityit - I can't believe a school with an enrollment this size can't control bullying. ... [Read More]
- 9:37:37, Oct 2nd 2015 - Steve of Steve's Kitchen YouTube - Hi Becky. Google sends me a little note when my ... [Read More]
- 7:27:38, Oct 2nd 2015 - Stopbulling - Op, spell check, just waiting ... [Read More]
- 6:14:53, Oct 2nd 2015 - Stopbullys - Cityit....Can't do that, I'm better than them! Once these kids turn 18, ... [Read More]
- 4:22:44, Oct 2nd 2015 - James1952 - Paul- A group of citizens has been asking questions and getting no answers ... [Read More]
- 2:27:40, Oct 2nd 2015 - Paul - Mr. Gudmundson, Once again you have declared war, rallied the troops and sent ... [Read More]
- 1:06:34, Oct 2nd 2015 - 1187 - Kidsrule- It seems to me that you wont even take the time of day to hear his ar ... [Read More]
- 11:41:12, Oct 2nd 2015 - Kidsrule - James1952, I will answer with, it is not worth the time of day to argue wi ... [Read More]
- 6:35:20, Oct 2nd 2015 - Cityit - I know of a good bully program. The dads of the bullied kids should beat the ... [Read More]
- 6:25:21, Oct 2nd 2015 - Cityit - Mr. Gudmundson should stick with what he knows best, taking two hour dumps in ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irvin Ingvalson, 86, of Spring Grove, died October 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
He was born July 6, 1917, in rural Mabel. He graduated from Mabel High School in 1935 and married Bessie Myhre on Dec. 10, 1938, in rural Spring Grove. She died Jan. 19, 1996. He lived in Decorah, Iowa, for a short time, where he sold Watkins products and farmed in rural Wilmington until his retirement. He was a Boy Scout and 4-H leader and a member of the Houston County Extension Committee. He was a member of the Southeastern Minnesota Guernsey Association, the Northeast Farm Service, Houston County Farm Bureau, serving as president, and initiated the emergency fire call system in Houston County. After retiring, he was a member of the Spring Grove School Board, Houston County Zoning Committee and Spring Grove Co-op Telephone Co. He was active in the Spring Grove Lions Club, the county GOP, and Pitchfork and Shovel Society. He was a member of Wilmington Lutheran Church and a former member of the Highland Lutheran Church of Decorah. He served as Wilmington Lutheran school superintendent, Sunday school teacher, member of the church council and cemetery sexton. Survivors include a son, Don (Greta) of Caledonia; a daughter, Catherine Ingvalson of Winona; three grandchildren; two brothers, Ingolf (Sarah Mae) of Sun City, Ariz., and Harlan (Joan) of Caledonia; and a sister, Marie Linderbaum of Ossian, Iowa. He was also preceded in death by a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Irvin Ingvalson was October 19, 2003 at Wilmington Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, with the Rev. Elizabeth K. Stempinski officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.