"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Irvin Ingvalson, 86, of Spring Grove, died October 15, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
He was born July 6, 1917, in rural Mabel. He graduated from Mabel High School in 1935 and married Bessie Myhre on Dec. 10, 1938, in rural Spring Grove. She died Jan. 19, 1996. He lived in Decorah, Iowa, for a short time, where he sold Watkins products and farmed in rural Wilmington until his retirement. He was a Boy Scout and 4-H leader and a member of the Houston County Extension Committee. He was a member of the Southeastern Minnesota Guernsey Association, the Northeast Farm Service, Houston County Farm Bureau, serving as president, and initiated the emergency fire call system in Houston County. After retiring, he was a member of the Spring Grove School Board, Houston County Zoning Committee and Spring Grove Co-op Telephone Co. He was active in the Spring Grove Lions Club, the county GOP, and Pitchfork and Shovel Society. He was a member of Wilmington Lutheran Church and a former member of the Highland Lutheran Church of Decorah. He served as Wilmington Lutheran school superintendent, Sunday school teacher, member of the church council and cemetery sexton. Survivors include a son, Don (Greta) of Caledonia; a daughter, Catherine Ingvalson of Winona; three grandchildren; two brothers, Ingolf (Sarah Mae) of Sun City, Ariz., and Harlan (Joan) of Caledonia; and a sister, Marie Linderbaum of Ossian, Iowa. He was also preceded in death by a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Irvin Ingvalson was October 19, 2003 at Wilmington Lutheran Church in rural Spring Grove, with the Rev. Elizabeth K. Stempinski officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Roble Funeral Home in Spring Grove was in charge of arrangements.