"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cletus R. Hosting, 80, a longtime Canton-area resident, died October 19, 2003 at home.
Born Oct. 27, 1922, in Calmar, Iowa, he graduated from Canton High School in 1939 and then served in the Army Signal Corps. On Oct. 8, 1949, he married Mary C. Snyder in Canton, where they lived all their married lives. She preceded him in death. Mr. Hosting farmed and was a partner in Canton Oil Co. for 20 years before retiring in the 1980s. He was a member of Assumption Catholic Church and the Canton American Legion. Survivors include three daughters, JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, Calif., Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons, Mike of Queen Creek, Ariz., and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Neomi Peresic of New Brighton, Minn., Delayne Jaeger of Buffalo, Minn., and Dorothy Graen of Stewartville. A funeral Mass for Cletus R. Hosting was October 22, 2003 at Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton, with military rites by the Canton American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.