"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
- 2:59:13, May 17th 2016 - Andy OConnor - @SV Resident...I think you nailed the crux of the situation in a coupl ... [Read More]
- 2:16:26, May 17th 2016 - Corrupt - Amazes me what Wykoff continues to do. Guess who just got hired by the Cit ... [Read More]
- 11:34:56, May 16th 2016 - Paul Little - Derek, Refugees should be vetted properly, the process should take as ... [Read More]
- 9:59:45, May 14th 2016 - LOLZ - I didn't realize they had them hookworms in these parts. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cletus R. Hosting, 80, a longtime Canton-area resident, died October 19, 2003 at home.
Born Oct. 27, 1922, in Calmar, Iowa, he graduated from Canton High School in 1939 and then served in the Army Signal Corps. On Oct. 8, 1949, he married Mary C. Snyder in Canton, where they lived all their married lives. She preceded him in death. Mr. Hosting farmed and was a partner in Canton Oil Co. for 20 years before retiring in the 1980s. He was a member of Assumption Catholic Church and the Canton American Legion. Survivors include three daughters, JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, Calif., Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons, Mike of Queen Creek, Ariz., and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Neomi Peresic of New Brighton, Minn., Delayne Jaeger of Buffalo, Minn., and Dorothy Graen of Stewartville. A funeral Mass for Cletus R. Hosting was October 22, 2003 at Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton, with military rites by the Canton American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.