"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
- 7:55:53, Nov 24th 2015 - Wykoff Stays! - Thanks Gwen Howard, Troy Asher and Kristin Beck for standing up for w ... [Read More]
- 9:06:31, Nov 23rd 2015 - James1952 - If that were the fact, the school would have been waving that in the taxp ... [Read More]
- 3:18:08, Nov 23rd 2015 - JustTheFacts - Im not sure which was more sad, watching the 15 year old RP high schoo ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, Nov 23rd 2015 - James1952 - It was over 2 referendums ago. But folks in that district, like you, whi ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cletus R. Hosting, 80, a longtime Canton-area resident, died October 19, 2003 at home.
Born Oct. 27, 1922, in Calmar, Iowa, he graduated from Canton High School in 1939 and then served in the Army Signal Corps. On Oct. 8, 1949, he married Mary C. Snyder in Canton, where they lived all their married lives. She preceded him in death. Mr. Hosting farmed and was a partner in Canton Oil Co. for 20 years before retiring in the 1980s. He was a member of Assumption Catholic Church and the Canton American Legion. Survivors include three daughters, JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, Calif., Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons, Mike of Queen Creek, Ariz., and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Neomi Peresic of New Brighton, Minn., Delayne Jaeger of Buffalo, Minn., and Dorothy Graen of Stewartville. A funeral Mass for Cletus R. Hosting was October 22, 2003 at Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with the Rev. Donald P. Schmitz officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton, with military rites by the Canton American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.