"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, November 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
DeLyle H. Gudmundson, 68, of Phoenix, Arizona, formerly of Rochester and Spring Valley, died October 5, 2003, in Phoenix.
Mr. Gudmundson was born on March 25, 1935, in rural Harmony. He grew up in the Fillmore county area. He joined the United States Air Force and attained the rank of staff sergeant. After his retirement from the Air Force, he lived in Rochester and worked for H&R Block. He moved to Spring Valley and opened an H&R Block office. He was a past president of the Spring Valley Chamber of Commerce and also received the Citizen of the Year award from the Kiwanas Club. In February of 2003, he married Sara Gilleran and moved to Phoenix, Arizona. Survivors include his wife; one daughter, Gloria (Albert) Shirley of Mannford, Okla.; two sons, Wayne (Vicki) of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Delvic (Donna) of Labadie, Missouri; four grandchildren; two sisters, Myranda Evjen of Rochester and Vivian Thompson of Winona; three brothers, Siebert (Martha) of Peterson, Gordon (Lucille) of Sun City, Arizona, and LeRoy of Winona; nephews; and nieces. The memorial service for DeLyle H. Gudmundson was October 25, 2003 at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Spring Valley.