"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Morten is charged with second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Tim Loeding on August 29.
On September 16, Morten’s attorney, Chris Ritts, had asked that Judge Benson to remove himself from the case. Benson had presided over a Rule 5 hearing in the Morten case on September 5, which was later continued so that the defendant could undergo psychiatric evaluation to see if he is able to help in his own defense. Under state statue, a judge can be removed from a case without prejudice if notice is made within seven days of a judge being named. Benson rejected Ritts’ request to remove himself from the case, as the seven day rule had expired. Ritts filed a motion with the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals upheld Benson’s decision to stay on in the case, stating that the Ritts’ request was not filed in a timely manner. The court said that in this case the party (not the party’s attorney) was properly notified of who the judge would be. The Court of Appeals ordered that Ritts’ motion be denied. Morten’s next court appearance has been rescheduled to November 3, at 1:00 p.m. Felony Charges •Chadwick Alan McCorquo-dale, 22, Stewartville, was charged with Domestic Abuse and felony interference with a 911 call stemming from an incident in Sumner Township on December 19, 2002. McCorquodale was released on his own recognizance.