"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Morten is charged with second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Tim Loeding on August 29.
On September 16, Morten’s attorney, Chris Ritts, had asked that Judge Benson to remove himself from the case. Benson had presided over a Rule 5 hearing in the Morten case on September 5, which was later continued so that the defendant could undergo psychiatric evaluation to see if he is able to help in his own defense. Under state statue, a judge can be removed from a case without prejudice if notice is made within seven days of a judge being named. Benson rejected Ritts’ request to remove himself from the case, as the seven day rule had expired. Ritts filed a motion with the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals upheld Benson’s decision to stay on in the case, stating that the Ritts’ request was not filed in a timely manner. The court said that in this case the party (not the party’s attorney) was properly notified of who the judge would be. The Court of Appeals ordered that Ritts’ motion be denied. Morten’s next court appearance has been rescheduled to November 3, at 1:00 p.m. Felony Charges •Chadwick Alan McCorquo-dale, 22, Stewartville, was charged with Domestic Abuse and felony interference with a 911 call stemming from an incident in Sumner Township on December 19, 2002. McCorquodale was released on his own recognizance.