"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Morten is charged with second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Tim Loeding on August 29.
On September 16, Morten’s attorney, Chris Ritts, had asked that Judge Benson to remove himself from the case. Benson had presided over a Rule 5 hearing in the Morten case on September 5, which was later continued so that the defendant could undergo psychiatric evaluation to see if he is able to help in his own defense. Under state statue, a judge can be removed from a case without prejudice if notice is made within seven days of a judge being named. Benson rejected Ritts’ request to remove himself from the case, as the seven day rule had expired. Ritts filed a motion with the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals upheld Benson’s decision to stay on in the case, stating that the Ritts’ request was not filed in a timely manner. The court said that in this case the party (not the party’s attorney) was properly notified of who the judge would be. The Court of Appeals ordered that Ritts’ motion be denied. Morten’s next court appearance has been rescheduled to November 3, at 1:00 p.m. Felony Charges •Chadwick Alan McCorquo-dale, 22, Stewartville, was charged with Domestic Abuse and felony interference with a 911 call stemming from an incident in Sumner Township on December 19, 2002. McCorquodale was released on his own recognizance.