"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Morten is charged with second degree manslaughter in the shooting death of Tim Loeding on August 29.
On September 16, Morten’s attorney, Chris Ritts, had asked that Judge Benson to remove himself from the case. Benson had presided over a Rule 5 hearing in the Morten case on September 5, which was later continued so that the defendant could undergo psychiatric evaluation to see if he is able to help in his own defense. Under state statue, a judge can be removed from a case without prejudice if notice is made within seven days of a judge being named. Benson rejected Ritts’ request to remove himself from the case, as the seven day rule had expired. Ritts filed a motion with the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals upheld Benson’s decision to stay on in the case, stating that the Ritts’ request was not filed in a timely manner. The court said that in this case the party (not the party’s attorney) was properly notified of who the judge would be. The Court of Appeals ordered that Ritts’ motion be denied. Morten’s next court appearance has been rescheduled to November 3, at 1:00 p.m. Felony Charges •Chadwick Alan McCorquo-dale, 22, Stewartville, was charged with Domestic Abuse and felony interference with a 911 call stemming from an incident in Sumner Township on December 19, 2002. McCorquodale was released on his own recognizance.