"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
- 12:12:31, Nov 24th 2015 - Repairing Kingsland will take years - The first step is to get rid of useless McDona ... [Read More]
- 11:22:40, Nov 24th 2015 - @Wykoff Stays - Good to hear that your so upbeat about the Wykoff school staying ope ... [Read More]
- 9:40:41, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - I don't have blind fatih in Stan, he's been proven wrong too many time ... [Read More]
- 9:14:55, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - Just like it did the vote yes group. Stan has laid the facts out there fr ... [Read More]
- 8:07:04, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - It was well known FACT going into the 2002 vote. But as we have seen ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 24th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
The October 7, 2003 meeting of the Rushford Village City Council was called to order by Mayor Gordon Johnson. Council members present included Roger Ekern, Dennis Overland, Dale Schwanke, Howard Otis – Zoning Administrator, Karen Petersen – Treasurer, Judy Graham – Clerk.
The check book balance as of September 30, 2003 $87,767.91. Robert Thieret reported on the sewer line at the elevator. It is up and working as of today. Mayor Johnson will arrange with the elevator for the final electrical hookup, according to their wishes. It is cost prohibited to reestablish the line to the other lift station at this point. Thieret also reported that both Meadow and Goodrich have been ground and Meadow should be resurfaced in about 2 to 3 weeks. Shop Quotes Thieret reported on the quotes for the new shop building. Two of the quotes were under the $35,000 Bid area and one over. O’Byrne at $54,686, Norstad at $33,930 (only bid to include the overhead door openers and installation), and Boyum at $30,350. After some discussion on Insurance, License, Workforce, MN state Municipal building code, and other conditions, a motion was made by Overland, 2nd by Schwanke to offer the contract to the lowest bidder with the conditions that completion would be prior to December 15, 2003 or a fine of 1% of the quote per day, could be imposed. Graham will type an agreement to include final size, State of MN Building Code, (snow load etc), frost footings, two color, neoprene washers and screws and center posts, to be signed by the contractor. If not agreeable than the next lowest bidder will be offered the contract. Other Business •A Three-City meeting will be hosted by the Village on Wednesday October 22, 2003 at 7:00p.m. in the Village Hall to discuss progress on programs such as summer recreation, pool, spring cleanup, tourism, waste items, fire, rescue, economic development, and compatible zoning. •It has been brought to the attention of the council that a non-conforming building has changed which is in violation of the zoning ordinance. Graham will send a letter on the possible implications. •Waste Management called to ask about placing a dumpster in the residential district, Otis will check to see if indeed their truck would damage the street and if they have a place for the dumpster that would not be in the right of way. •James Scheuler and Dave Hundorf discussed with the council the possibilities of a cost effective drop off for large items (white goods etc), and metals on a regular time schedule to serve the community better and help Hundorf keep from overflowing at times. There are fees to drop off items, and citizens must know that. The council was asked to discuss with the Three-Cities the possibility of some notices passed on of times and amounts, and also things that cannot be left at Hundorf’s.