"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:57:23, Dec 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @SV 85, my goodness. What a testy post. Did recent events leave your skiv ... [Read More]
- 1:27:45, Dec 4th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, nope. The American voters already provided our response when we v ... [Read More]
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence M. Rustad, 84, of Rushford, a former farmer and business owner, died October 25, 2003 at Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis.
He was born Sept. 16, 1919, in Norway Township, Fillmore County, to Christian and Mina (Stensgard) Rustad. He attended Dolalie School in Bratsberg. On Dec. 15, 1938, he married Helen Overby in Rushford. Mr. Rustad farmed at Highland Prairie until moving to Rushford in 1978 and also owned a livestock equipment business from 1968 to 1984. He was a lifelong member of Highland Prairie Lutheran Church, where he served on the church board and was active in other church organizations, served on the Norway Township and Tri-County Co-op boards for 21 years, and was a member of the Rushford Community Clinic board and Heritage Club of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Curates (Carol) of Winona and Maynard (Sharon) of Rushford; a daughter, Judy (Ken) Klennert of Rochester; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a brother, Clifford of Rushford. Two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral for Clarence M. Rustad was October 30, 2003 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.