"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence M. Rustad, 84, of Rushford, a former farmer and business owner, died October 25, 2003 at Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis.
He was born Sept. 16, 1919, in Norway Township, Fillmore County, to Christian and Mina (Stensgard) Rustad. He attended Dolalie School in Bratsberg. On Dec. 15, 1938, he married Helen Overby in Rushford. Mr. Rustad farmed at Highland Prairie until moving to Rushford in 1978 and also owned a livestock equipment business from 1968 to 1984. He was a lifelong member of Highland Prairie Lutheran Church, where he served on the church board and was active in other church organizations, served on the Norway Township and Tri-County Co-op boards for 21 years, and was a member of the Rushford Community Clinic board and Heritage Club of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Curates (Carol) of Winona and Maynard (Sharon) of Rushford; a daughter, Judy (Ken) Klennert of Rochester; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a brother, Clifford of Rushford. Two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral for Clarence M. Rustad was October 30, 2003 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.