"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarence M. Rustad, 84, of Rushford, a former farmer and business owner, died October 25, 2003 at Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis.
He was born Sept. 16, 1919, in Norway Township, Fillmore County, to Christian and Mina (Stensgard) Rustad. He attended Dolalie School in Bratsberg. On Dec. 15, 1938, he married Helen Overby in Rushford. Mr. Rustad farmed at Highland Prairie until moving to Rushford in 1978 and also owned a livestock equipment business from 1968 to 1984. He was a lifelong member of Highland Prairie Lutheran Church, where he served on the church board and was active in other church organizations, served on the Norway Township and Tri-County Co-op boards for 21 years, and was a member of the Rushford Community Clinic board and Heritage Club of La Crosse Lutheran Hospital. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Curates (Carol) of Winona and Maynard (Sharon) of Rushford; a daughter, Judy (Ken) Klennert of Rochester; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a brother, Clifford of Rushford. Two brothers preceded him in death. The funeral for Clarence M. Rustad was October 30, 2003 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.