"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
- 12:45:22, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out fo ... [Read More]
- 12:37:07, Feb 8th 2016 - understanding - It is easy for someone to say yes! Especially when they are on the re ... [Read More]
- 7:41:46, Feb 7th 2016 - DeerHunterguy - @Terbeest Calling someone who supports Obama like "a follower of Nazi ... [Read More]
- 6:58:19, Feb 7th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Another angry, rambling rant from a bitter right wingnut. Who is this guy? ... [Read More]
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Lyle Overland, 82, of Rushford, a longtime area farmer, died October 26, 2003 at Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis., of complications following open-heart surgery.
Born Nov. 25, 1920, in Winona, to Ben and Olga (Helleland) Overland. He grew up in the Rushford area, graduated from Rushford High School and served in the Army from 1942 to 1945. He never married. Mr. Overland farmed in partnership with his brother at Bratsberg until 1997 and moved to Rushford in 1998. He was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church. Survivors include two sisters, Phyllis (Carmen) Johnson of Whalan and Edith Peterson of Houston. His brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert Lyle Overland was October 29, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military rites by the Rushford American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.