"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Robert Lyle Overland, 82, of Rushford, a longtime area farmer, died October 26, 2003 at Gundersen-Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, Wis., of complications following open-heart surgery.
Born Nov. 25, 1920, in Winona, to Ben and Olga (Helleland) Overland. He grew up in the Rushford area, graduated from Rushford High School and served in the Army from 1942 to 1945. He never married. Mr. Overland farmed in partnership with his brother at Bratsberg until 1997 and moved to Rushford in 1998. He was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church. Survivors include two sisters, Phyllis (Carmen) Johnson of Whalan and Edith Peterson of Houston. His brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Robert Lyle Overland was October 29, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church, with the Rev. David Watson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military rites by the Rushford American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes-Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.