"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, November 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Justin Johnson, 92, of Rushford and formerly of rural Lanesboro, died October 23, 2003 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Born Jan. 8, 1911, in rural Lanesboro to Joe and Anna (Nyhus) Johnson. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. He married Hilda Severtson on Nov. 14, 1945. She died in 1998. Mr. Johnson was a lifelong area farmer. He also was a longtime board member and brotherhood member of the North Prairie Lutheran Church. He belonged to both the Peterson American Legion and the Rushford Veterans of Foreign Wars. Survivors include two daughters, Margaret (Dr. Robert) Kennedy of Arlington, Texas and Sharon (Gary) Zahn of Chatfield; four sons, David and Charles (Lynette) both of Lanesboro; Gordon (Arlene) of Rushford; and Joe (Cathy) of Peterson; 16 grandchildren, including Peter (Cathy) Kennedy of Rochester and Beth (Dave) Gransee of Kasson, who had lived with Mr. and Mrs. Johnson; 13 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, three grandsons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Justin Johnson was October 27, 2003 in North Prairie Lutheran Church, rural Lanesboro, with the Revs. Ronald Warnes and Janet Warnes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military honors by the Peterson American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.