"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Justin Johnson, 92, of Rushford and formerly of rural Lanesboro, died October 23, 2003 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Born Jan. 8, 1911, in rural Lanesboro to Joe and Anna (Nyhus) Johnson. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. He married Hilda Severtson on Nov. 14, 1945. She died in 1998. Mr. Johnson was a lifelong area farmer. He also was a longtime board member and brotherhood member of the North Prairie Lutheran Church. He belonged to both the Peterson American Legion and the Rushford Veterans of Foreign Wars. Survivors include two daughters, Margaret (Dr. Robert) Kennedy of Arlington, Texas and Sharon (Gary) Zahn of Chatfield; four sons, David and Charles (Lynette) both of Lanesboro; Gordon (Arlene) of Rushford; and Joe (Cathy) of Peterson; 16 grandchildren, including Peter (Cathy) Kennedy of Rochester and Beth (Dave) Gransee of Kasson, who had lived with Mr. and Mrs. Johnson; 13 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, three grandsons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Justin Johnson was October 27, 2003 in North Prairie Lutheran Church, rural Lanesboro, with the Revs. Ronald Warnes and Janet Warnes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military honors by the Peterson American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.