"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
- 3:34:46, May 1st 2015 - No need to be so desperate - Mr Panko, don't let these people get to you. When you st ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Justin Johnson, 92, of Rushford and formerly of rural Lanesboro, died October 23, 2003 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Born Jan. 8, 1911, in rural Lanesboro to Joe and Anna (Nyhus) Johnson. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. He married Hilda Severtson on Nov. 14, 1945. She died in 1998. Mr. Johnson was a lifelong area farmer. He also was a longtime board member and brotherhood member of the North Prairie Lutheran Church. He belonged to both the Peterson American Legion and the Rushford Veterans of Foreign Wars. Survivors include two daughters, Margaret (Dr. Robert) Kennedy of Arlington, Texas and Sharon (Gary) Zahn of Chatfield; four sons, David and Charles (Lynette) both of Lanesboro; Gordon (Arlene) of Rushford; and Joe (Cathy) of Peterson; 16 grandchildren, including Peter (Cathy) Kennedy of Rochester and Beth (Dave) Gransee of Kasson, who had lived with Mr. and Mrs. Johnson; 13 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, three grandsons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Justin Johnson was October 27, 2003 in North Prairie Lutheran Church, rural Lanesboro, with the Revs. Ronald Warnes and Janet Warnes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military honors by the Peterson American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.