"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Justin Johnson, 92, of Rushford and formerly of rural Lanesboro, died October 23, 2003 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Born Jan. 8, 1911, in rural Lanesboro to Joe and Anna (Nyhus) Johnson. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. He married Hilda Severtson on Nov. 14, 1945. She died in 1998. Mr. Johnson was a lifelong area farmer. He also was a longtime board member and brotherhood member of the North Prairie Lutheran Church. He belonged to both the Peterson American Legion and the Rushford Veterans of Foreign Wars. Survivors include two daughters, Margaret (Dr. Robert) Kennedy of Arlington, Texas and Sharon (Gary) Zahn of Chatfield; four sons, David and Charles (Lynette) both of Lanesboro; Gordon (Arlene) of Rushford; and Joe (Cathy) of Peterson; 16 grandchildren, including Peter (Cathy) Kennedy of Rochester and Beth (Dave) Gransee of Kasson, who had lived with Mr. and Mrs. Johnson; 13 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, three grandsons, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Justin Johnson was October 27, 2003 in North Prairie Lutheran Church, rural Lanesboro, with the Revs. Ronald Warnes and Janet Warnes officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery, with military honors by the Peterson American Legion. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.