"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sigurd T. Halvorson, 75, of Rushford, a retired Lanesboro-area farmer, died October 21, 2003 at his apartment, where he had lived for the past year.
He was born Feb. 7, 1928, in rural Lanesboro and after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1946 was a carpenter for the railroad. From 1950 to 1952, he served in the Army. Mr. Halvorson lived in Whalan for a time and then in rural Lanesboro for 49 years. On Jan. 10, 1953, he married Mavis Benson at the Whalan Lutheran Church. He was a 50-year member of the Whalan American Legion and belonged to AA. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gary of Rochester, Keith of Lanesboro and Michael (Heidi) of Rushford; and three grandchildren. A graveside service for Sigurd T. Halvorson was October 25, 2003 in Elstad Lutheran Cemetery in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Military graveside rites were conducted by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.