"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sigurd T. Halvorson, 75, of Rushford, a retired Lanesboro-area farmer, died October 21, 2003 at his apartment, where he had lived for the past year.
He was born Feb. 7, 1928, in rural Lanesboro and after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1946 was a carpenter for the railroad. From 1950 to 1952, he served in the Army. Mr. Halvorson lived in Whalan for a time and then in rural Lanesboro for 49 years. On Jan. 10, 1953, he married Mavis Benson at the Whalan Lutheran Church. He was a 50-year member of the Whalan American Legion and belonged to AA. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gary of Rochester, Keith of Lanesboro and Michael (Heidi) of Rushford; and three grandchildren. A graveside service for Sigurd T. Halvorson was October 25, 2003 in Elstad Lutheran Cemetery in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Military graveside rites were conducted by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.