"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sigurd T. Halvorson, 75, of Rushford, a retired Lanesboro-area farmer, died October 21, 2003 at his apartment, where he had lived for the past year.
He was born Feb. 7, 1928, in rural Lanesboro and after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1946 was a carpenter for the railroad. From 1950 to 1952, he served in the Army. Mr. Halvorson lived in Whalan for a time and then in rural Lanesboro for 49 years. On Jan. 10, 1953, he married Mavis Benson at the Whalan Lutheran Church. He was a 50-year member of the Whalan American Legion and belonged to AA. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gary of Rochester, Keith of Lanesboro and Michael (Heidi) of Rushford; and three grandchildren. A graveside service for Sigurd T. Halvorson was October 25, 2003 in Elstad Lutheran Cemetery in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Military graveside rites were conducted by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.