"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
- 2:15:32, Oct 20th 2014 - curiosity... - Just out of curiosity for what reason is it that you believe Mr. Kaase ... [Read More]
- 10:10:04, Oct 20th 2014 - Facts - We are voting on a complete package this time. The last vote was a chopped ... [Read More]
- 9:37:50, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "I say they should respect the wishes of the voters as they were clearly told ... [Read More]
- 9:22:29, Oct 20th 2014 - truth - "R-P administration and the “Vote Yes” group say we should show respect f ... [Read More]
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sigurd T. Halvorson, 75, of Rushford, a retired Lanesboro-area farmer, died October 21, 2003 at his apartment, where he had lived for the past year.
He was born Feb. 7, 1928, in rural Lanesboro and after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1946 was a carpenter for the railroad. From 1950 to 1952, he served in the Army. Mr. Halvorson lived in Whalan for a time and then in rural Lanesboro for 49 years. On Jan. 10, 1953, he married Mavis Benson at the Whalan Lutheran Church. He was a 50-year member of the Whalan American Legion and belonged to AA. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gary of Rochester, Keith of Lanesboro and Michael (Heidi) of Rushford; and three grandchildren. A graveside service for Sigurd T. Halvorson was October 25, 2003 in Elstad Lutheran Cemetery in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Military graveside rites were conducted by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.