"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Sigurd T. Halvorson, 75, of Rushford, a retired Lanesboro-area farmer, died October 21, 2003 at his apartment, where he had lived for the past year.
He was born Feb. 7, 1928, in rural Lanesboro and after graduating from Lanesboro High School in 1946 was a carpenter for the railroad. From 1950 to 1952, he served in the Army. Mr. Halvorson lived in Whalan for a time and then in rural Lanesboro for 49 years. On Jan. 10, 1953, he married Mavis Benson at the Whalan Lutheran Church. He was a 50-year member of the Whalan American Legion and belonged to AA. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Gary of Rochester, Keith of Lanesboro and Michael (Heidi) of Rushford; and three grandchildren. A graveside service for Sigurd T. Halvorson was October 25, 2003 in Elstad Lutheran Cemetery in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Military graveside rites were conducted by the Whalan American Legion. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.