"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth Vreeman, 82, of Cherry Grove, a former farmer and construction worker, died November 1, 2003 at Regional Health Services of Howard County, Iowa, in Cresco of complications of a stroke.
He was born July 17, 1921, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County, to Edward and Kate (Kappers) Vreeman. On Aug. 4, 1943, he married Johannah Hamersma in Cherry Grove, where they made their home. Mr. Vreeman farmed and worked in construction for Hadland & Vreeman, Kappers Construction and LaCrescent Ready Mix. He was a member of Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, where he served as usher for many years. Survivors include his wife; a son, Konnie (Paula) of Preston; two daughters, JoAnn (Charles) Forland of Spring Valley and Kim (Jim) Amdahl of Flandreau, S.D.; eight grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Kenneth Vreeman was November 4, 2003 at the Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mark Rader officiating. Burial was in Cherry Grove Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.