"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth Vreeman, 82, of Cherry Grove, a former farmer and construction worker, died November 1, 2003 at Regional Health Services of Howard County, Iowa, in Cresco of complications of a stroke.
He was born July 17, 1921, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County, to Edward and Kate (Kappers) Vreeman. On Aug. 4, 1943, he married Johannah Hamersma in Cherry Grove, where they made their home. Mr. Vreeman farmed and worked in construction for Hadland & Vreeman, Kappers Construction and LaCrescent Ready Mix. He was a member of Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, where he served as usher for many years. Survivors include his wife; a son, Konnie (Paula) of Preston; two daughters, JoAnn (Charles) Forland of Spring Valley and Kim (Jim) Amdahl of Flandreau, S.D.; eight grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. A brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Kenneth Vreeman was November 4, 2003 at the Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mark Rader officiating. Burial was in Cherry Grove Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.