"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Telvin Ness, 90, of Spring Grove, died October 30, 2003 at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Born Oct. 25, 1913, in Blackhammer Township of Houston County near Spring Grove, he attended a rural school in the township. He was a lifelong resident of the Blackhammer-Spring Grove area. He belonged to the Blackhammer Swift Scooters 4-H Club in his youth. He married Helen Margaret Thorson on May 17, 1938, in Decorah, Iowa. She died Jan. 12, 1998. Mr. Ness was a farmer for years. The couple moved to Spring Grove at retirement. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church. Survivors include a daughter, Laurel (Jerry) Gatz of Bloomington, Minn.; a brother Clarence of Spring Grove; and three sisters, Hilda Johnson of Minneapolis; Helen Holte of Caledonia and Sylvia Gaustad of Owatonna. He was preceded in death by his wife and a brother. The funeral for Arnold Telvin Ness was November 4, 2003 in Trinity Lutheran Church, Spring Grove, with the Rev. Robert Stoskopf officiating. Roble Funeral Home, Spring Grove, was in charge of arrangements.